Passive Smoking

What do you think of passive smoking?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of passive smoking?

• I smoke and feel I should be able to smoke anywhere.
    • I smoke but believe it right to protect non-smokers.
    • I don't smoke but don't mind other people's smoke.
    • I don't like smoke but feel obliged to put up with it.
    • I don't like smoke and feel I should be entitled to protection from it.

I think we should just build a big wall down the middle of the country, like in old Germany. Anyone who's a non-smoker and wants nothing to do with tobacco can go and live on one side. Smokers, or people who couldn't care less, can go and live on the other side. This way, all the moaners are on the non-smoking side and everyone can live in harmony on the smoking side.

Problem solved. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Cyclone

Sorry missed the humourous reference re the car thing.

forgiven. this smoking argument has obviously stressed you out. solution: have a ciggy and chill out. sod the non smokers

hell, i'll skip the ciggy, put a gun to my head and blow my brains out.

But wait, I won't do it alone, i'll get a whole bunch of non gun-to-headers to stand in a line next to me, call it passive suicide.

I do have vices, non of them involve slowly killing myself and taking everyone who happens to be near me along for the ride.

One vice that I ought to give up is arguing with people who refuse to see another persons point of view.

trouble is cyclone i see ur view im not sayin you should have to sit in our smoke.if someone asked me not to smoke then i wouldnt!

trouble is its as simple as seperating the two groups in different rooms.that way no one has cause to moan but even then some of you are not happy the only thing that will make some non smoking moaners happy is if it is outlawed altogether.

drink kills many people every year but i dont hear people screamin bout that to be banned!!

I already agreed previously that seperate rooms would be fine, although actually more difficult to legislate for and enforce. I've no problem with smokers per se and anyway that we can all have a drink without infringing on each other is fine by me.

There is no such thing as passive drinking, that's why no one is screaming about it. If you start forcing people to drink just because they are near you, i'm sure they'd object.

Originally posted by Sidla

I think we should just build a big wall down the middle of the country, like in old Germany. Anyone who's a non-smoker and wants nothing to do with tobacco can go and live on one side. Smokers, or people who couldn't care less, can go and live on the other side. This way, all the moaners are on the non-smoking side and everyone can live in harmony on the smoking side.

Problem solved. :thumbsup:

I think you've got it the wrong way round Sid, the moaners would be all on the smokers' side as smokers seem to be the biggest whingers and moaners about infringing their rights by asking them not to smoke in public places.:D

im not menain it by a way of someone forcing drink down someone else,i mean that people have died cos of someone else drinking same way as you are on about its killin you cos people around you smoke.

any law that is brought in is going to be hard to enforce jus because they say you cant do it doesnt mean people are not goin to do it.so whats the difference between enforcin seperate rooms and enforcin a ban altogether.

but i do agree that you should not have to be exposed to our smoke,if you do not want to be xx

Originally posted by max

I think you've got it the wrong way round Sid, the moaners would be all on the smokers' side as smokers seem to be the biggest whingers and moaners about infringing their rights by asking them not to smoke in public places.:D

But that wouldn't occur since nobody would give a toss if you're smoking or not on the smoke side.

Originally posted by Sidla

But that wouldn't occur since nobody would give a toss if you're smoking or not on the smoke side.

Of course it would, they'd all be moaning that they couldn't smoke in the other room and how it was an infringement of their god given rights.

Archived