Passive Smoking

What do you think of passive smoking?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of passive smoking?

• I smoke and feel I should be able to smoke anywhere.
    • I smoke but believe it right to protect non-smokers.
    • I don't smoke but don't mind other people's smoke.
    • I don't like smoke but feel obliged to put up with it.
    • I don't like smoke and feel I should be entitled to protection from it.

Originally posted by Yorkie

Smokers should see their Doctor for good advice and help.

When you get lung disease it's too late and your family will miss you. :D

Have a fag Yorkie, you might be run over by a bus tomorrow.

Nicotine, as a drug, improves concentration, raises the heartbeat, and provides a degree of prophylaxis against Parkinson's disease. Also, it's cool, all the best people do it, you always have a source of ignition, you can blow smoke rings, and tobacco is a perfect combination with c.sativa flowers.

Many, many smokers life long and healthy lives. Plenty don't but that is also true of non-smokers.

Also smokers make a uniltateral and generous net contribution to the national tax coffers.

Any workplace that is worried about passive smoking need only install proper air cleaning apparatus, and this will also help reduce the amount of allergenic and carcinogenic substances in the air as a result of people walking in through the extrior door,admitting vehicle smog into the building as they enter.

Why are the no-smoking areas in pubs always where the dull quiet people hang out in bad jumpers?

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

Why are the no-smoking areas in pubs always where the dull quiet people hang out in bad jumpers?

Because most of us none smokers are so thoughtful that we allow our smoking friends to breathe their foul stench upon us so as not to upset the social dynamic. Thus, only people with no friends sit in no smoking areas.

I always make sure that they are aware of my dislike of cigarettes by placing a large powerful fan blowing their smoke in the opposite direction right next to them. This generallly stops them doing it.

I laughed heartily the other day as I watched my friend place a cigarette in her mouth white end first! I then watched her take out a lighter, light the yellow end and inhale toxic burnt plastic fumes! Mwhahahaha :D

Originally posted by tim_rutter

I then watched her take out a lighter, light the yellow end and inhale toxic burnt plastic fumes! Mwhahahaha :D

Wow, I wish you were my friend you sound like a blast.

Originally posted by nick2

Wow, I wish you were my friend you sound like a blast.

She saw the funny side :D

anyway, I was hoping that she would then associate the nasty taste with smoking, thus causing a negative reaction each time she smoked and making her stop. See I only had her health in mind.

Originally posted by sheffco

Perhaps we should start a "Friends of Smokers" thread. It would help people from feeling like a social pariah for pursuing their own pleasures.

Thanks phanerothyme for the bit of common sense

Persuing their own pleasures at the expense of everyone elses health. I think that's the full sentence you were looking for.

Originally posted by Cyclone

Persuing their own pleasures at the expense of everyone elses health. I think that's the full sentence you were looking for.

I think if it was he would have put that.

Originally posted by sheffco

Pursuing is the correct spelling. Some of us are educated.

I don't invite anyone to join me, company or habit wise.

But aren't there people who sit near you? Or how about if you go into a pub and sit near some people, then smoke. Those people have to breathe in your fumes. Are you saying they should leave?

I don't go into "trendy" pubs, only ones filled with smoking customers. The average age would be around mid fifties, so I don't think I am in any danger of encountering Cyclone, and I don't think any non smokers would sit in my little corner. The ashtray is always in use, and cigarettes and baccy tins on the table would make it obvious to all but a cretin, or agent provocateur intent on causing offense.

Archived