Passive Smoking

What do you think of passive smoking?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of passive smoking?

• I smoke and feel I should be able to smoke anywhere.
    • I smoke but believe it right to protect non-smokers.
    • I don't smoke but don't mind other people's smoke.
    • I don't like smoke but feel obliged to put up with it.
    • I don't like smoke and feel I should be entitled to protection from it.

Long ago, there was a novel titled "Brave New World" by A. Huxley.

Very much a "Nanny State" Run by educated idiots.

Of Course the Anti-Hero rebelled.

Sort of like 1984, and Animal Farm, - - but fanatics tried to change the system.

Originally posted by sheffco

Long ago, there was a novel titled "Brave New World" by A. Huxley.

Very much a "Nanny State" Run by educated idiots.

Of Course the Anti-Hero rebelled.

Sort of like 1984, and Animal Farm, - - but fanatics tried to change the system.

this isn't an example of the state interfering where it isn't wanted though (although there are plenty of examples), it's an example of the state supporting the right to the majority of people not to have their lungs assaulted by your smoke. The same way the state gives you the right not to have other parts of you assaulted by anyone who might care to take that up as a hobby.

Whats narked me most about this is the way the anti-smoking people will only settle for a complete ban, they won't even consider the possibility of a hand-full of pubs being allowed to remain smoking, everyone must stop, whether they like it or not, for their own good.

As several people have said it would be more adult and fair to allow people to go to a smoking pub if they want to, so why can't they ?

Is it because the anti-smoking people know this will never work unless everyone has no choice but to go to non-smoking pubs ?

Originally posted by nick2

As several people have said it would be more adult and fair to allow people to go to a smoking pub if they want to, so why can't they ?

Is it because the anti-smoking people know this will never work unless everyone has no choice but to go to non-smoking pubs ?

Do you mean by that that you doubt people would choose a non-smoking pub over a smoking pub?

Archived