Passive Smoking

What do you think of passive smoking?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of passive smoking?

• I smoke and feel I should be able to smoke anywhere.
    • I smoke but believe it right to protect non-smokers.
    • I don't smoke but don't mind other people's smoke.
    • I don't like smoke but feel obliged to put up with it.
    • I don't like smoke and feel I should be entitled to protection from it.

I already tried to answer that.

I'd be happy with the idea in principle, but give landlords the choice and they will cater for the lowest common denominator.

It's already been proven that the free market isn't going to solve this problem, and there's no way to administer a partial ban. So they all have to go.

Originally posted by Carmine

Do you mean by that that you doubt people would choose a non-smoking pub over a smoking pub?

Yes, I don't know why, I just think they would.

The state is definitely interfering where it has no right to go.

Individual choice.

As many people have told you Cyclone. You have the perfect right not to associate with smokers.

Unless you want to join Sid (Nice choice of avatar there) in ramming ashtrays up peoples nether regions. (Experienced at it Sid?)

My website, http://www.the-doodlebugger.co.uk should explain to you the futility of even attempting it.

I choose my friends and companions, by the way I have led my life. More acustomed to the rougher side of life than the gentile halls of the students union. As I say, change your world, not mine.

Seems to me there are the neo-fascists on the one side who want to ban it everywhere, the neo-fascist on the other who want to be able to do it everywhere and the average person in the middle (who might or might not do it) who'd like a choice in the matter.

Now am I talking about smoking or sex?

But seriously, why can't we choose a smoking or non-smoking venue for ourselves?

Originally posted by sheffco

The state is definitely interfering where it has no right to go.

Individual choice.

As many people have told you Cyclone. You have the perfect right not to associate with smokers.

Unless you want to join Sid (Nice choice of avatar there) in ramming ashtrays up peoples nether regions. (Experienced at it Sid?)

My website, http://www.the-doodlebugger.co.uk should explain to you the futility of even attempting it.

I choose my friends and companions, by the way I have led my life. More acustomed to the rougher side of life than the gentile halls of the students union. As I say, change your world, not mine.

I say stuff off, I don't see why I shouldn't go into a pub because you have a fowl habit that you practice inside it.

What if my habit were to swing my arms around, would I be charged with assault for hitting people, or could I claim that they were free to avoid the space around me at the bar?

As someone else said on another forum, your right to swing your fist stops at my nose. It's a good analogy.

Originally posted by Cyclone

What if my habit were to swing my arms around, would I be charged with assault for hitting people, or could I claim that they were free to avoid the space around me at the bar?

I think you might get arrested for "possesion of a ridiculous analogy"

"I already tried to answer that." - - Cyclone

Tried being the operative word!

Which category would you place yourself in? The lowest, or the common??

By your answer of "Stuff Off" I suspect the worst.

In my little world, you would come under the category of "Ignore", it is a fallacy that a moquito bite can fell an elephant.

The only answer for people like me is to wait til they die.

Long time coming I'm afraid.

Keep it coming - - Did I mention that along with my 80+ habit, I also drink scotch? Average of 1 litre per day.

Let's see, its 17:50 (Almost time for the Simpsons)

Landlords even open early for my custom.

I don't sit hunched over a glass of 1/2 of lager or a fruit juice, so I know who would get barred from any disturbance.

A Doodlebuggers motto - - The Meek shall Inherit the Earth - - -

After I've finished with it!

nick - lol.

sheffco - good for you, do you force other people to drink your scotch as well?

Doesn't sound like it will be all that long, your lungs or your liver will probably give out soon, we could open a book on which goes first.

Being of the working variety of people I may not spend as much as you do in your local, but i've only ever bought a half or a fruit juice if i'm driving.

Archived