Passive Smoking

What do you think of passive smoking?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of passive smoking?

• I smoke and feel I should be able to smoke anywhere.
    • I smoke but believe it right to protect non-smokers.
    • I don't smoke but don't mind other people's smoke.
    • I don't like smoke but feel obliged to put up with it.
    • I don't like smoke and feel I should be entitled to protection from it.

To the smokers here, do you not realise how rude and inconsiderate it is to go and stand/sit next to someone and puff away. Do you do this in front of your non-smoking friends?

I know you cant help the direction of the wind, but a bit of common courtesy would be appreciated. I don't want YOUR fumes in MY face, if I did, i'd stand next to you!

Originally posted by Sidla

Rather than a complete ban in public, I think it would be better to have designated smoking areas. Then non-smokers can avoid those areas completely.

Agreed... Trouble is though, that's an idea that's actually sensible and makes sense, the current Government are incapable of thinking like that IMO.

Originally posted by dinp

To the smokers here, do you not realise how rude and inconsiderate it is to go and stand/sit next to someone and puff away. Do you do this in front of your non-smoking friends?

I know you cant help the direction of the wind, but a bit of common courtesy would be appreciated. I don't want YOUR fumes in MY face, if I did, i'd stand next to you!

Hi, giving up smoker here. I'd like to point out that not all smokers are inconsiderate. A lot are, but for example, if i was ever at a bus stop smoking, i'd stand well away from everyone else. I usually didn't smoke apart from at home anyway.

Originally posted by Andy78

Hi, giving up smoker here. I'd like to point out that not all smokers are inconsiderate. A lot are, but for example, if i was ever at a bus stop smoking, i'd stand well away from everyone else. I usually didn't smoke apart from at home anyway.

Well done for giving up, i'm sure your wallet's a lot healtheir these days :D

I know not all are inconsiderate, I should have mentioned that, but some REALLY are. I wonder if the smoking is an extension of their personality... (for the inconsiderate ones)

Don't consider myself given up yet, still early days. Got to admit a lot of smokers have always annoyed me. like the kids that will get on a train and spark up, then get off 2 mins later. like they couldn't wait 2 mins.

Originally posted by Moon Maiden

If smoking is banned in public places I plan to place a large curse on everyone giving them as much grief as I will endure listening to the husband whinging about his rights to kill himself.

Moon Maiden

Hehe, it's not his right to kill himself that's the problem tho' - he (and other smokers) don't have any rights to kill others! :P

Originally posted by Andy78

Don't consider myself given up yet, still early days. Got to admit a lot of smokers have always annoyed me. like the kids that will get on a train and spark up, then get off 2 mins later. like they couldn't wait 2 mins.

Yeah, I hate that, especially people who smoke on busses. I don't really know what it's like around here because I don't really use busses in Sheff, but back where I live people smoke on the upper deck of the bus despite no smoking signs. It's not uncommon on a Saturday night to get people smoking weed on the upper deck, and it makes me feel extremely ill. :mad:

Archived