Assisted Dying debate.

Assisted Dying debate is being held in Parliament (Esther Rantzen, who has terminal cancer, is pushing for this. Her children cannot accompany her to Dignitas either for fear of being charged with being accomplices.) 

I believe it will allow people with a painful terminal illness and less  than 6 months to live, to apply for a quick release.

Actually I thought doctors used to do this anyway for someone in extreme pain with no hope of recovery, but maybe not.

Does it o far enough?

A true example: an elderly relative of mine was in a care home cot, left alone and in agony, with a smashed shoulder after a fall in a care home.  She did not receive any treatment, not even a bandage to stabilise it, so any movement at all was absolute agony. She was obviously and crying out to die. u was given pain relief but was screaming out with pain.

I asked the manager for more pain relief, but she said no, she'd had as much as they were allowed to give her, and any more could kill her. (which would have been a relief frankly.) More than her job's worth etc. and only a doctor could give permission for more, and as it was a Friday night, he wouldn't be back till Monday afternoon. It was horrible to be so helpless and have to watch. 

Mercifully my lovely relative died the next morning. 

So what do you think? Does this debate go far enough? Yes there are pitfalls which have to be taken into account, but should people be allowed to manage their own death? Have a say in where and when? Should that be their final right?

There is the religious aspect,  not quite understood by a lot of people - I include myself in that.   Otherwise,  people do have the right to choose,  if I had

Motor Neurone Disease I wouldn't want to suffer and I don't believe my family would want me to either.

I have COPD, I looked into "Dignitas", and it remained an option until I saw a video put out by Vernon Coleman on the subject, now, I stand by what he has posted about various things over the years, and it would be so easy to dis-regard this video because it said something I don't particularly like, but then I wouldn't be true to myself. I was all for Assisted Dying to become law in his country, but if this video is only 50% correct, then I certainly don't want to put myself or anyone else through it.

Dignitas is around £7,000.00

The video can be found here, but be warned, it's not pleasant -  https://old.bitchute.com/video/iNqmKqhq93L6/

11 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

I have COPD, I looked into "Dignitas", and it remained an option until I saw a video put out by Vernon Coleman on the subject, now, I stand by what he has posted about various things over the years, and it would be so easy to dis-regard this video because it said something I don't particularly like, but then I wouldn't be true to myself. I was all for Assisted Dying to become law in his country, but if this video is only 50% correct, then I certainly don't want to put myself or anyone else through it.

Dignitas is around £7,000.00

The video can be found here, but be warned, it's not pleasant -  https://old.bitchute.com/video/iNqmKqhq93L6/

Why do you recommend one very ex GP whose,  discredited for his pseudoscientific, scaremongering conspiracy theories?

When I make my mind up I do not rely on one extreme view or just my experiences.

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

Assisted Dying debate is being held in Parliament (Esther Rantzen, who has terminal cancer, is pushing for this. Her children cannot accompany her to Dignitas either for fear of being charged with being accomplices.) 

I believe it will allow people with a painful terminal illness and less  than 6 months to live, to apply for a quick release.

My 97 year old relative is very weak and I am expecting him to pass away this year. It has been asked if he is on end-of-life care and the doc said no.

He is double incontinent, not sure what he would say, if asked.

24 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Why do you recommend one very ex GP whose,  discredited for his pseudoscientific, scaremongering conspiracy theories?

When I make my mind up I do not rely on one extreme view or just my experiences.

He is not "an ex GP" as you put, he is a RETIRED Dr. So well respected he had slots on BBC news, he also wrote columns for several daily newspapers, He was cancelled when he started disagreeing with the powers that be, along with a lot of other truth tellers. All/most of his videos can still be found online, and each one is dated. Showing he was one of the first, if not the first, to point out inaccuracies in what we were being told. He foretold problems with the covid vaccine etc. he is more like a Prophet. As for scaremongering - Correct, some truths are really hard to digest, and a little frightening.

Can we get back onto subject now!!

34 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

He is not "an ex GP" as you put, he is a RETIRED Dr. So well respected he had slots on BBC news, he also wrote columns for several daily newspapers, He was cancelled when he started disagreeing with the powers that be, along with a lot of other truth tellers. All/most of his videos can still be found online, and each one is dated. Showing he was one of the first, if not the first, to point out inaccuracies in what we were being told. He foretold problems with the covid vaccine etc. he is more like a Prophet. As for scaremongering - Correct, some truths are really hard to digest, and a little frightening.

'Truth tellers', 'a Prophet'. LOL

Coleman was a crank well before his appearances in the media, that's why he was in the media, that and the relentless self promotion. He's a grifter like Icke.

• Like 1

Being on morphine in a hospice and having the dosage increased to manage the pain until it kills the patient. I always thought this to be true, unless I was misinformed.

If it is true, this could be considered as 'assisted dying' Or could it...

1 hour ago, aardvark6535 said:

The subject is Assisted Dying debate.

Your contribution is to suggest that readers video  by a Conspiracy Theorist who you elevate to  the level of"...more like a Prophet..."  with a capital 'P'.

Does being "....more like a Prophet.." with a capital 'P',  convey any weight? This on/off GP who finally  relinquished his licence to practice in 2015 has spent decades self publishing and self publicising for more of a 'Profit'. 

Instead of the words of your Prophet, what are your opinions?