Sheffield Wednesday FC v Burnley

19 hours ago, Pipeworks said:

I remember around 1965 we whacked then 7-0, I was there, and I fully expect a similar scoreline this time around. I wish. Owls 2-1.

66/67 if memory serves - Jack Whitham got a couple.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

66/67 if memory serves - Jack Whitham got a couple.

Yes, that'd fit. I had a season ticket 65/66 and 66/67 for the North Stand and I was sat in that seat when we beat them, we also stuffed Chelsea 6-1 whilst I was sat there, can't remember who got our goals but I remember Bobby Tambling scoring the goal of the game for them, he seemed to hit it from the halfway line but that is clearly an issue with my memory playing tricks on me as per.

5 minutes ago, bassett one said:

yes and being only about 11 that stand seemed so posh in those days, my dad saying look no posts getting in the way in this stand.

Same here Mr. B. I went in the cantilever just after it was built, it was unbelievable back then...

My dad was a season ticket holder in the South Stand, just above the players tunnel.

If he couldn't make a game I'd use his ticket, on one occasion the Owls were playing Man U.

For whatever reason dad couldn't get so I got the ticket.

I can't remember the game, I can only remember seeing George Best, and a couple of rows in front of me was George's girlfriend.

Think she was an ex Miss World.

Bluddy hell, I felt like royalty.......

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Same here Mr. B. I went in the cantilever just after it was built, it was unbelievable back then...

My dad was a season ticket holder in the South Stand, just above the players tunnel.

If he couldn't make a game I'd use his ticket, on one occasion the Owls were playing Man U.

For whatever reason dad couldn't get so I got the ticket.

I can't remember the game, I can only remember seeing George Best, and a couple of rows in front of me was George's girlfriend.

Think she was an ex Miss World.

Bluddy hell, I felt like royalty.......

well that would be the famous lady who stayed with him at a famous london hotel, he walked into the room and said something like, well mr best things are not looking good as he passed him the champagne , george always said how could things not of been better.ps padders crystal ball all wrapped up for  blackpool,its bringing so much luck since its last visit in oct 23.