Sheffield Wednesday FC v Burnley

19 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well that would be the famous lady who stayed with him at a famous london hotel, he walked into the room and said something like, well mr best things are not looking good as he passed him the champagne , george always said how could things not of been better.ps padders crystal ball all wrapped up for  blackpool,its bringing so much luck since its last visit in oct 23.

Enjoy the Jolly Mr. B.

Take good care of the Crystal Ball,.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/10/2024 at 22:56, Pipeworks said:

Yes, that'd fit. I had a season ticket 65/66 and 66/67 for the North Stand and I was sat in that seat when we beat them, we also stuffed Chelsea 6-1 whilst I was sat there, can't remember who got our goals but I remember Bobby Tambling scoring the goal of the game for them, he seemed to hit it from the halfway line but that is clearly an issue with my memory playing tricks on me as per.

Witham was a sub for the Burnley game and came on late in the 2nd half.

The Chelsea game in late dec 1966 was only Chelseas 2nd away defeat at that time having lost at anfield, but they were hampered by Bonetti withdrawing on the day of the game so a young scots keeper Tommy Hughes came in for his 2nd and last Chelsea appearance ( Ironically hed made his debut against the blades in a 1-1 draw the month before), it was played on very windy day, Chelsea were 4th in the table, Wednesday were 12th, McCalliog, in his 50th Owls game scored after 18 mins Ford scored just before HT. Tambling hit a piledriver with the wind at his back from just outside the box shortly after the break as Chelsea poured forward looking to get on terms but it was Ritchie who broke their determination with his first home goals, both headers and just 8 mins apart, McCalliog laid on the 5th for Fantham and with seconds on the clock Ford scored the 6th.

Hope thats jogged ya memory 😂

58 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

The Chelsea game in late dec 1966 was only Chelseas 2nd away defeat at that time having lost at anfield, but they were hampered by Bonetti withdrawing on the day of the game so a young scots keeper Tommy Hughes came in for his 2nd and last Chelsea appearance ( Ironically hed made his debut against the blades in a 1-1 draw the month before), it was played on very windy day, Chelsea were 4th in the table, Wednesday were 12th, McCalliog, in his 50th Owls game scored after 18 mins Ford scored just before HT. Tambling hit a piledriver with the wind at his back from just outside the box shortly after the break as Chelsea poured forward looking to get on terms but it was Ritchie who broke their determination with his first home goals, both headers and just 8 mins apart, McCalliog laid on the 5th for Fantham and with seconds on the clock Ford scored the 6th.

WOW what a memory sure you aint got a newspaper cutting, yes we had some good players in the 50s/60s, if it aint been down to certain factors we could of been even better, but thats history and believe me we have some good memorys to be made with danny and his team,just need a few quid from somewhere, right man, right chairman all we need is a bit of luck and chansiri to find the money and we will have a team ready to go up. pity our chairman wasted money but hes got it right now.

2 hours ago, staninoodle said:

There was a 5-0 win against Sunderland in between those two games.

25 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

There was a 5-0 win against Sunderland in between those two games.

Thats right, midweek game and my old fella didnt let me go to night games until the following season, so I missed that game, I was gutted when I heard the sore 😂