What's the foullest thing you've ever eaten, or refused to eat ?

33 minutes ago, lovelace said:

I've never heard anybody say they actually liked sago.          Anything fermented is usually gross,   the Japanese are big on that stuff.    

I used to really like my Mums home made sago as a kid even though it did look a bit like frogspawn! 🙂

1 hour ago, Slighty batty said:

A Japanese lady once invited me round for lunch at her house. It was mainly sushi type stuff but there were these little silvery fish which looked sparkling fresh. When I tried one it tasted absolutely putrid, like it had been rotting for months. None of the other women at the lunch liked them either. The Japanese lady said that her mother had posted the fish to her from Japan. I guess they must have been preserved in some way to still look so fresh after a couple of weeks in the post but the taste was indescribably bad. Runner up was a pudding which we had at school. Semolina? Or tapioca? It looked like wallpaper paste and tasted vile.

I would have had to be rude & refuse to eat it.       I could probably have managed the milk puddings if I was hungry enough,  with a blob of jam.