What's the foullest thing you've ever eaten, or refused to eat ?

I really dislike olives...particularly black olives ,  I know that they are trendy and good nutrition, but I just don't like 'em -,they taste like summat rotting! I also don't like oysters. Oysters are fine when cooked, like in a beef and oyster pie, but eaten 'au-naturel ' - i.e eaten raw and just sucked out of their shells, I think oysters are pretty vile - they taste like salty sea-snot.

The worst thing I have ever eaten though - and would never, ever eat again - even if you paid me good money - is Cow' udder! Ugh!! 

My old dad - now long gone - loved eating  a vile broth made of cow's udder. When when my brother and I  were little kids in the early 60's,  dad would   buy a chunk of udder from an offal stall in the old Castle Market (often with the nipples still attached). It was disgusting even to look at, but when he cut it into chunks and boiled it down to a broth with carrots, onion, celery etc, it was even worse! It smelled rancid, like sour milk and vomit. Worst of all, was being forced to eat the damn stuff when it was cooked - it was like eating rancid, sour lumps of bath sponge, soaked in vomitty gravy. Dad loved it would shovel it in by the ladleful, and no matter how much we gagged, cried and protested, he would force my little brother and I to eat some too. It was a cruel and unusual punishment! In most respects . Generally, our old dad was a decent parent. I think he genuinely loved his cow's udder soup and I think he forced us to eat it because he genuinely thought it was nutritious and good for us. Even now though, more than 60 years later, I still gag at the very thought of eating cow's udder broth - and I will never, ever forgive our dad for forcing it down our unwilling throats! Ugh!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1