What's the foullest thing you've ever eaten, or refused to eat ?

7 minutes ago, Padders said:

I used to love Corned Beef.

Then, many years ago I saw a programme on TV on how its made..

Not touched a tin since then.

Sometimes I fancy a corn beef sandwich but I still can't do it..

I love corned beef, it's chopped up and cooked in tins now because it had some health problems associated with it when the meat was whole, I think. I also like salt beef, pastrami, both the same stuff really.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What are Grits  ?

Had grits in New Orleans for breakfast once. It's like a Scottish porridge. We had them with bacon, eggs, sausage etc.

I wasn't fussed. However, our friend (from Falkirk) loved the taste and texture.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

You do right. One of my cousins once looked at a piece of corned beef under his microscope when he was a student. He found it contained part of a rats intestine. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crisispoint said:

I love corned beef, it's chopped up and cooked in tins now because it had some health problems associated with it when the meat was whole, I think. I also like salt beef, pastrami, both the same stuff really.

OOOOOOOOOOH. My salivary glands have gone into Warp speed, pumping out so much that my mouth runneth over.

Haven't had any pastrami in ages.... Must down tools and immediately go to supermarket, go directly to supermarket, do not pass GO, do not collect £200. I may be gone for some time....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Padders said:

I used to like corned beef sandwiches when I was young Padders, before I stopped eating meat. Out of interest, what put you off eating them after watching the TV programme?

4 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

I used to like corned beef sandwiches when I was young Padders, before I stopped eating meat. Out of interest, what put you off eating them after watching the TV programme?

It was a long time ago, but I remember them high pressure spraying the cows carcass to get all the offal off.

Then they crushed the toenails and bones and mixed it all up.

It was disgusting, and I've never eaten it since..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Padders said:

It was a long time ago, but I remember them high pressure spraying the cows carcass to get all the offal off.

Then they crushed the toenails and bones and mixed it all up.

It was disgusting, and I've never eaten it since..

I don't want to put you off, but from what I understand, sausages can be a bit like you describe. Not as bad though, if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1