What's the foullest thing you've ever eaten, or refused to eat ?

At a younger age, the things that really made me gag were coconut toffees and fresh coriander leaves. Both of them tasted to me like soap, really nasty cheap soap that people used to use to scrub the fĺoors and such. Or maybe to describe it more accurately, it tasted like the smell of that soap.

Anyone else experienced this?

I've  since grown out of that, and now I love a good dose of coriander leaf in a Balti.

It's funny all my life I've loved tomato soup & ketchup, yet I can't stomach actual tomatoes.  Same with mushrooms.  I love them as they are but mushroom soup, even the smell of it makes me wretch. 

Just now, Baron99 said:

It's funny all my life I've loved tomato soup & ketchup, yet I can't stomach actual tomatoes.  Same with mushrooms.  I love them as they are but mushroom soup, even the smell of it makes me wretch. 

I have a mate who can't eat anything red.

2 hours ago, Gormenghast said:

At a younger age, the things that really made me gag were coconut toffees and fresh coriander leaves. Both of them tasted to me like soap, really nasty cheap soap that people used to use to scrub the fĺoors and such. Or maybe to describe it more accurately, it tasted like the smell of that soap.

Anyone else experienced this?

I've  since grown out of that, and now I love a good dose of coriander leaf in a Balti.

Tasting coriander as soap, some do and some don't... 

https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-human-body/why-does-coriander-taste-like-soap-to-some-people

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I love tomatoes, but can't stand tomato soup or ketchup..