4 minutes ago, Slighty batty said:

25 ingredients! Are you Yotam Ottolenghi ??

No, SB, that was a cunning plan to get Padders to reply, so I could tell him it was a deliberate mistake,  it should have said 2.5 ingredients.

You were quicker than him though...  🤣🤣🤣

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

Where have I said that you've disagreed with that?  In fact, I explicitly acknowledged as much in this post:

What does it matter that it's a con?!  Of course it matters!  This isn't just poor grieving people seeking comfort from those who have no moral qualms about telling them what they desperately want to hear, even if it's made-up bull****.  It's parents being preyed on by parasites, telling them that their murdered children are alive and working at strip clubs, that they've been trafficked overseas, that they've forgotten about their parents; giving them hope based on terrible lies when their children are dead in a gutter somewhere.  Or telling parents that their kidnapped children are dead, extinguishing all hope, when they're still alive and waiting to be found.  It's utterly despicable.

Those are extreme examples.  As you know.  It’s a bit claiming all members of a recognised religion are extremists.

15 minutes ago, redruby said:

Those are extreme examples.  As you know. 

So some mediums using cold reading techniques to lie to grieving people are fine and others aren't.  It's the enormity of the lie and the con you care about, not that people are being lied to and conned, or the fact that a realisation of being lied to and conned will likely have a devastating effect whatever the nature of the lie and the con.

You should read the article I linked to in my earlier post.  It describes, amongst other things, the hurt and deflation people feel after consulting a medium and realising that the information they've been given is nonsense.

15 minutes ago, redruby said:

It’s a bit claiming all members of a recognised religion are extremists.

Only if all members of that religion are using their religion to con people, just as, as you've acknowledged, all mediums do.

Edited by Bellatrix

58 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

So some mediums using cold reading techniques to lie to grieving people are fine and others aren't.  It's the enormity of the lie and the con you care about, not that people are being lied to and conned, or the fact that a realisation of being lied to and conned will likely have a devastating effect whatever the nature of the lie and the con.

You should read the article I linked to in my earlier post.  It describes, amongst other things, the hurt and deflation people feel after consulting a medium and realising that the information they've been given is nonsense.

Only if all members of that religion are using their religion to con people, just as, as you've acknowledged, all mediums do.

Extremist members of religions sometimes radicalise people who go on to do terrible things. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Anna B said:

I was impressed by the overall down to earth kindness and acceptance within the group as a whole.  At last a small informal church without the male dominated hierarchy and cant of some of the bigger churches. I've always believed that being spiritual is different to being religious; whatever floats your boat, so I have to agree whole heartedly with your last paragraph Hauxwell

I agree Anna, although I didn’t enjoy the service I did find the people who go to the church friendly and welcoming.  

I also went with my relative to a fund raising coffee morning for the church, there was very little talk about religion that morning, but there was a nice atmosphere.

• Like 2

I am an Empath Witch , I feel what people are feeling . I have always got on with certain people on the ward , the  addicts , the ones going through pain . I sometimes , hear someone contacting me when I am just waking up , be it a cry for help , someone I know , but I have switched off for a long time , There was someone on here that I felt pain from recently . It's hard sometimes , & I have to block , otherwise I can't function .  I would never , intrude , or make money out of other peoples suffering , but I will be there for them . 

• Like 1

Do you know what , Spirit World , doesn't follow science , & the problem is , some people will run away if they ever saw a Ghost . They can't put them in a box . If they don't want to show , then they won't . Look at the ridiculous Most Haunted , so daft 

• Like 1