15 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

A decade before The Unexplained, I was lucky in that my parents paid for my subscription to Man, Myth & Magic, so I didn't have to use my paper round money.

I'd just come across that as I was hunting for examples from The Unexplained, and the books I used to have from the 70s and 80s (Usborne, and the Pan and Armada collections).  That one looks a lot more heavy duty than mine!  Alas, the Internet Archive is down so I couldn't check out the link on there.

20 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

I'd just come across that as I was hunting for examples from The Unexplained, and the books I used to have from the 70s and 80s (Usborne, and the Pan and Armada collections).  That one looks a lot more heavy duty than mine!  Alas, the Internet Archive is down so I couldn't check out the link on there.

It was quite a leap for me from Railway World, which was my regular mag prior to MM&M.

On 12/10/2024 at 15:26, horribleblob said:

It was quite a leap for me from Railway World, which was my regular mag prior to MM&M.

The vault from Girl and Dreamer needed a pole :hihi: .

I've tracked down a 1983 copy of the last in the Armada Ghost Book series.  Saw the cover and I was right back there with Kajagoogoo and Howard Jones scaring myself with tales of haunted lifts and spectres of school sports days. 

This one was superb:

3143111.jpg

32 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

The vault from Girl and Dreamer needed a pole :hihi: .

I've tracked down a 1983 copy of the last in the Armada Ghost Book series.  Saw the cover and I was right back there with Kajagoogoo and Howard Jones scaring myself with tales of haunted lifts and spectres of school sports days.

:hihi:

34 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

This one was superb:

3143111.jpg

👍