10 hours ago, Padders said:

But you always seem to finish with a twist .

Let me assure you Mr. P that I never have, and never will, indulge in that pathetic  pastime of girating in a lewd and suggestive manner whilst what seems to pass for music in the current day and age, is being broadcast in the background.

You, Sir, are a Cad and a Bounder! I will not tolerate such accusations and if any more appear I shall refer the matter to my solicitors.  If you wish to contact them to try to avoid any action being taken, you will find them in the usual legal area in the centre of town. Their premises are easily identified by the immaculately shiny brass plaque on the door bearing the their names -

Please, Knock and Wait.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

Let me assure you Mr. P that I never have, and never will, indulge in that pathetic  pastime of girating in a lewd and suggestive manner whilst what seems to pass for music in the current day and age, is being broadcast in the background.

You, Sir, are a Cad and a Bounder! I will not tolerate such accusations and if any more appear I shall refer the matter to my solicitors.  If you wish to contact them to try to avoid any action being taken, you will find them in the usual legal area in the centre of town. Their premises are easily identified by the immaculately shiny brass plaque on the door bearing the their names -

Please, Knock and Wait.

PHEW!

For a moment I thought you were going to tell me "Ring the doorbell.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Padders said:

PHEW!

For a moment I thought you were going to tell me "Ring the doorbell.

No, but I urge you, nay I implore you, to do as the plaque on the door says.

Do you Remember Waldorf and Stadtler on the Muppet Show? No idea why that suddenly came to mind. 🤔 Is some mystic from the show trying to contact me?

Edited by Gormenghast
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

Ah, that Shakespeare quote.  Again.  Always useful as an explanation when people want to ignore modern science, psychology and psychiatry.

Why is is that when a medium claims to talk to the dead they have to go through the rigmarole of guessing at little snippets of information, subtly coaxing information from the grieving person, offering non-specific platitudes and generic crumbs of comfort after multiple duff misses? 'Bob is proud of you, but he says you should have more confidence in yourself'.

Why don't they say something like 'I have a Simon Worthington here, from Lower Ince near Bolton.  He has red hair and three small moles on his left cheek. He died on January 10th 1898.  His brother Tarquin is here too, but he doesn't want to speak right now.  Tell my great-great granddaughter, Clarice, who lives at 10 Grange Street in Bristol, that if she digs in the bottom flowerbed next to the sundial she'll find my stash of gold coins that I buried to hide from my wife who was having an affair with cousin Robert.'?

What's the simplest explanation?  Mediums are charlatans, liars and despicable frauds making **** up for £££££?  Or that they're talking to the dead, but there's some fuzzy, undefined reason that we'll quickly gloss over that means that they can't actually relay anything to definitively prove that talking to the dead is what they're doing?

All it's saying is keep an open mind.

Science doesn't know everything, and can prove  just as flawed as everything else.

Quantum science for example is rewriting the laws of physics... 

We've a long way to go before we

• Like 2

the above was in reply to 

Do you Remember Waldorf and Stadtler on the Muppet Show? No idea why that suddenly came to mind. 🤔 Is some mystic from the show trying to contact me?

from Gormenghast.

13 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I have been to a spiritualist church 3 times, there was a different spiritualist each time, in my opinion they were fakes but others who got a message thought they were genuine, they were preying on peoples emotions. 

What makes the spiritualist so special that they can communicate with the dead?

I used to go to a weekly "circle" at a spiritualist church for about a year. I didn't necessarily believe or disbelieve, I just wanted to see what it was all about. I believe there's far more out there than the human eye can see or the mind can comprehend.

Some weeks absolutely nothing would "come through", at others someone might get a message come through for someone or nobody present.

But they didn't do it for money and the spirits didn't turn up on demand for punters like they do for mediums.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, crisispoint said:

I must admit I'm always a little worried about large birds from beyond contacting me, especially at the seaside

I've had many a message from them CP.

Usually in the middle of mi head.

• Sad 1