1 hour ago, redruby said:

Say the same about someone who, say, believes in ghosts and it’s all fair game to make such remarks. 

I don't agree.  Deluded, yes, if you take that to mean belief in something for which there is no evidence or evidence to the contrary that you choose to ignore or reject because of that belief.

Not very bright, no.  Smart people (and not smart people) believe all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons.

12 minutes ago, redruby said:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.  
1. I am not religious.  I believe you said the same about yourself?

2. I am sceptical about all things paranormal.  I believe you are too?

3. I know you haven’t *literally*  said ‘all followers of the paranormal are deluded or not very bright’.   But you have been very strident to say the least in your replies to those that are not completely in line with your own beliefs.  As your latest reply to me illustrates.

4.  As in my reply to Bellatrix I wonder if you also would start up a thread about all religion being nonsense to see if the reactions to this were somewhat different to one about the supernatural?  I would love to be stood corrected on this but sadly I suspect such a thread would not be well received.

In reply to your points;

1 I have never said that I am not religious. I said  I do not do "beliefs" or "belief systems".

I have never said that I am sceptical about all things paranormal. I said  I do not do "beliefs" or "belief systems".

3 Strident?  I am not rolling over and accepting "beliefs" or "belief systems" or accepting of the promotion of "beliefs" or "belief systems".

Who said "...all religion being nonsense..." - look around -it exists, it has history, it influences many aspects of our lives. "Religion" has appeared

in14 Topics titles and in at least 6000 posts. 

Part of "understanding" humans is understanding how "beliefs" or "belief systems" evolved over the millennia, what is the push, why they are needed, how they become organized, who runs them and for what purpose, how they became instruments of oppression, how they were used by the State/Monarchy and how, even within these systems that drives conformity, did the human need for understanding briefly thrive but slowly but surely, spread around the world.  

47 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

In reply to your points;

1 I have never said that I am not religious. I said  I do not do "beliefs" or "belief systems".

I have never said that I am sceptical about all things paranormal. I said  I do not do "beliefs" or "belief systems".

3 Strident?  I am not rolling over and accepting "beliefs" or "belief systems" or accepting of the promotion of "beliefs" or "belief systems".

Who said "...all religion being nonsense..." - look around -it exists, it has history, it influences many aspects of our lives. "Religion" has appeared

in14 Topics titles and in at least 6000 posts. 

Part of "understanding" humans is understanding how "beliefs" or "belief systems" evolved over the millennia, what is the push, why they are needed, how they become organized, who runs them and for what purpose, how they became instruments of oppression, how they were used by the State/Monarchy and how, even within these systems that drives conformity, did the human need for understanding briefly thrive but slowly but surely, spread around the world.  

Well, if religion is not a ‘belief’’ or a ‘belief system’ then please do tell what it is!  Religions certainly exist whether you follow them or not.  If they are not a ‘belief’ or a ‘belief system’ what on this good earth are they then?  
You may not have *literally* said ‘I am not religious’ but I think it’s fairly safe to say reading your posts that you are not a regular visitor to a church, mosque, synagogue of temple to worship?  I do apologise if I’m incorrect but that is very much the impression given.

No one is asking you to ‘roll over and accept’ any belief system.  I’m not religious or a spiritualist but I am tolerant to others who may think differently.

3 hours ago, Gormenghast said:

** 2 April 1827 - 7 September 1910. Go on  Mr P, check that the dates are correct. 😄

You didn't spot my other deliberate test for you did you Mr. P. ?

The painting is actually called 'The Light of the World'

Do try harder next time old chap...

1 hour ago, Gormenghast said:

You didn't spot my other deliberate test for you did you Mr. P. ?

The painting is actually called 'The Light of the World'

Do try harder next time old chap...

Well I thought it was irrelevant at the time.

However my curiosity has now got the better of me.

It was Mr. Hunt who lived from 1827-1910.

Actually I hadn't got a clue what the "Light of the World" was about, I have to congratulate you on your superior knowledge :thumbsup:

I’m not religious or a spiritualist but I am tolerant to others who may think differently.

Quite right RR.👍

Unlike a certain poster from long ago (who's name i refuse to utter) that regularly posted pages and pages and pages and pages of religious writing that "PROVED BEYOND ANY DOUBT WHATSOEVER" according to him, that we are all subject to the laws of some spiritual being, and that we "MUST, WITHOUT QUESTION, ON PAIN OF BEING SENT TO HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY" obey.

They're the type of person that I cannot stand.

Well, if religion is not a ‘belief’’ or a ‘belief system’ then please do tell what it is!  Religions certainly exist whether you follow them or not.  If they are not a ‘belief’ or a ‘belief system’ what on this good earth are they then?  
You may not have *literally* said ‘I am not religious’ but I think it’s fairly safe to say reading your posts that you are not a regular visitor to a church, mosque, synagogue of temple to worship?  I do apologise if I’m incorrect but that is very much the impression given.

No one is asking you to ‘roll over and accept’ any belief system.  I’m not religious or a spiritualist but I am tolerant to others who may think differently.

Let me clarify, again, the supernatural and religions are examples of  ‘beliefs’ or ‘belief systems’.  I do not do "beliefs" or "belief systems". 

I have not said in any shape or form, literally or not, that "'I am not religious'" and I certainly would not use it that as a descriptor. Any assumption of my history of observance or attendance, current or past, would be guesswork and inaccurate.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I  have to congratulate you on your superior knowledge :thumbsup:

No, it's not superior at all Padders. It's just that my memory seems to be full of things that I've seen or experienced in the past, all waiting to pop out when least expected, or when triggered by something I see or hear.

In some ways it can be a burden and an embarrassment having things pop out at inappropriate times...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gormenghast said:

Quite right RR.👍

Unlike a certain poster from long ago (who's name i refuse to utter) that regularly posted pages and pages and pages and pages of religious writing that "PROVED BEYOND ANY DOUBT WHATSOEVER" according to him, that we are all subject to the laws of some spiritual being, and that we "MUST, WITHOUT QUESTION, ON PAIN OF BEING SENT TO HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY" obey.

They're the type of person that I cannot stand.

Go on tell us ! Who is it ?

49 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Let me clarify, again, the supernatural and religions are examples of  ‘beliefs’ or ‘belief systems’.  I do not do "beliefs" or "belief systems". 

I have not said in any shape or form, literally or not, that "'I am not religious'" and I certainly would not use it that as a descriptor. Any assumption of my history of observance or attendance, current or past, would be guesswork and inaccurate.

Ok, so you ‘don’t do’ beliefs or beliefs systems. As you don’t specify any particular belief or belief system you ‘’don’t do’, and given this in reply to discussion on the supernatural and religion i venture to say it isn’t wildly unreasonable to take this as meaning you ‘don’t do’ religion or the supernatural.  Or perhaps that you ‘don’t do’  any belief or belief system (which would have course include religion and the supernatural). As these are indeed beliefs/belief systems.  As you have acknowledged.

I’m really not sure what point you trying to make.