Threads on BBC4 9.10.24

57 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

ATTENTION PLEASE.

You will, if you're super quick, be abĺe to see me in my only known appearance on film. It's on the Moor bit and I appear, very fleetingly, as the bomb is dropped, in my trendy grey coat and fetching, and rather jaunty, if I may say so, headgear. To complete my super-warm ensemble** I'm wearing black gloves and sporting a very attractive and manly full black beard.

Still photographs will, of  course, be available in the foyer for the amazing price of £25. (Autographed  - please add £17,50 extra) As a teaser, I may try and use one as my forum picture.

To avoid disappointment order NOW  girls, they usually go like sh*t off a shovel. Come on, you know you want to.

Eat your heart out George Clooney. 

All enquiries to my agent, Mr. P Adders, c/o The Dive, Longley, enclosing a reply paid envelope.

Thank you.

** Because it weren't arf bleedin' nippy that Sunday.

jesus thats hard to spot it goes so fast lol, im freeze framing my copy, i saw a bloke with a black beard and a grey hat, but the coat looked more light blue

Just now, melthebell said:

jesus thats hard to spot it goes so fast lol, im freeze framing my copy, i saw a bloke with a black beard and a grey hat, but the coat looked more light blue

That's a tribute to my acting abilities Mel.  I trained at BADA, (Bugger All Decent Actors) under the auspices of their world famous Director General, who for modesty reasons does not want to be named.     (Although to be honest, I never saw any horses all the time I was there.)

But I'll have you know that I was awarded "Student of the Decade" after they saw my performance in one particular production, when, as  a lowly juvenile understudy, I acted my heart out when bringing "The Student Prince" to a thrilling climax.

(Julian and Sandy were mortified, but I showed them how to  act. Oh yes I did, they've never forgiven me.)

Anyway, must go now darling, got to get me slap on for tonight. Talk about casting pearls before swine? I don't know by I bother sometimes.

<exeunt,  stage left,  pursued by a bear.....> 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gormenghast said:

ATTENTION PLEASE.

You will, if you're super quick, be abĺe to see me in my only known appearance on film. It's on the Moor bit and I appear, very fleetingly, as the bomb is dropped, in my trendy grey coat and fetching, and rather jaunty, if I may say so, headgear. To complete my super-warm ensemble** I'm wearing black gloves and sporting a very attractive and manly full black beard.

Still photographs will, of  course, be available in the foyer for the amazing price of £25. (Autographed  - please add £17,50 extra) As a teaser, I may try and use one as my forum picture.

To avoid disappointment order NOW  girls, they usually go like sh*t off a shovel. Come on, you know you want to.

Eat your heart out George Clooney. 

All enquiries to my agent, Mr. P Adders, c/o The Dive, Longley, enclosing a reply paid envelope.

Thank you.

** Because it weren't arf bleedin' nippy that Sunday.

I found this guy that looks very similar in Mick Jackson remembers threads talk before the film

image_2024-10-09_224044594.png

Threads is a brilliant depiction of a post nuclear war society, or should I say lack of it. Based on meticulously researched facts and figures, it has lost none of its power, and is as relevant today as it was 40 years ago when it was made. 

Anyone planning to survive a nuclear war should think again. Personally I hope I am standing directly under the first bomb to fall, such is the continuing nightmare of being one of the few left to cope in the aftermath. 

Anyone guilty of crying 'Nuke em' as a response to a war stalemate like the current situation in the Middle East needs to watch this film very carefully, and also think about what all that money spent on nuclear weapons and bunkers etc could achieve if used to help the world rather than destroy it. 

9 hours ago, melthebell said:

I found this guy that looks very similar in Mick Jackson remembers threads talk before the film

image_2024-10-09_224044594.png

I'd not seen that before Mel. Thanks.

I'll have to rewrite my filmography now, which has doubled overnight!!!

Unforunately, for my adoring female fans, this means I'll have to increase the price of the pictures to £50, and the autograph will now be an extra £25. Sorry girls, but business is business.

Its not just you that suffers of course, so do I.  Agent P is now demanding more money from me. Even though he's done nothing to deserve it. But, as we accomplished thespians are aware, one has to suffer for one's art doesn't one darlings...

• Haha 2