10 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Ban it ...all wars are caused by religion cutting heads of people who are there to help is not normal .

Often said, but not true.  Wars are started by men ( occasionally women )  religion has been used as a method of stirring up hatred of the enemy on numerous occasions, but religion as the main and only reason has been relatively  rare.

Our species is a savage one and too easily manipulated by those with vested interests.  Religion is only one of the things despots use to persuade people to kill and be killed for their purposes.  Patriotism, political Ideology, racism are also used effectively and unfortunately peace would not prevail if religion was abolished, more's the pity. I'm not religious but have seen it help people who have faith.

https://www.str.org/w/is-religion-the-cause-of-most-wars-

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

Often said, but not true.  Wars are started by men ( occasionally women )  religion has been used as a method of stirring up hatred of the enemy on numerous occasions, but religion as the main and only reason has been relatively  rare.

Our species is a savage one and too easily manipulated by those with vested interests.  Religion is only one of the things despots use to persuade people to kill and be killed for their purposes.  Patriotism, political Ideology, racism are also used effectively and unfortunately peace would not prevail if religion was abolished, more's the pity. I'm not religious but have seen it help people who have faith.

https://www.str.org/w/is-religion-the-cause-of-most-wars-

I think many wars are started in the name of religion but are actually about power and money.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, redruby said:

I think many wars are started in the name of religion but are actually about power and money.

Correct, the European Trade Bloc from the EEC which became the EU, helped deliver the longest period of peace between its member states since Pax Romana ended over one thousand eight hundred years ago.

That's how warlike European countries were, less than eighty years since WW2 but the longest time without warfare in over 1,800 years.

There are 27 different EU members, many of them have different religions ( or versions of the same religion 🙄 ) yet they have managed to remain at peace with each other during that time.

Trade, power, and wealth were always more of a reason for war than religion but religion was always useful as a means of rousing up useful cannon fodder.

Regular meetings and agreeing how to resolve trade problems has saved many lives.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, cressida said:

I believe it's been manipulated by people as a tool to suit their own agendas.  It's meant to guide people to live a good and honest life.  I believe Jesus and his truth that good people will be saved,  Hell is where God isn't,  so the evil don't stand a chance of salvation,  God won't be there for them.

The Bible states that God is omnipresent though?

32 minutes ago, Slighty batty said:

The Bible states that God is omnipresent though?

He can be,  or has to be so sinners can be judged when their time comes.

Watch 'Help,  my house is haunted' FV17 9pm. the person who talks to the spirits sends them over to their loved ones,  the ones who are bad spirits actually said they are sent to be judged.

Edited by cressida
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, redruby said:

Well it clearly states, you shall not kill so you are perfectly correct in what you say.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cressida said:

Jimmy Shepherd wants to get in touch with Slinny.

@SF  please make it up wth Cuttsie,  he is a good bloke and poster,  make the forum's day,  please.

Slinney has tried to talk to Jimmy Shepherd but for some reason not been successful, I will ring G now and let him know the situation, cheers Cressy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cressida said:

That's nice of you,  c'mon Cuttsie I enjoy your posts🤙

Cressy , Slinney says if Jimmy wants to get in touch then all he has to do is phone him .  Slinney has tried to phone Jim on numerous occasions but got no response , Slinney not on forum now as he has lost his details on changing lap top and is not technically minded so he will not be getting messages , cheers Judd

• Thanks 1

When humankind knows everything there is to know there will be no need for religion or God for we will be God.

We still, however, have a fair way to go to reach that goal, if indeed we ever do.

echo.