The USA is finished so are you ready for your grandchildren to live under despotism?

26 minutes ago, XboxMan2024 said:

Given Trump's alleged and proven crimes, I'm surprised he was even eligible to run for the "top" job next month? Especially given there's a scary chance he'll win because of the MAGA women hating racists who won't vote for Miss Harris.

“ women hating racists “ .  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

They have no end of toys at their disposal to play with, just as deadly, but leaving the playground intact, and much more fun.. It's just a pity a lot of them are Psychopaths, but there you go.

Its frightening countries being ruled by psychopaths and more countries with psychopath leaders having nuclear weapons in the future.  It makes you wonder if these leaders are capable of feeling emotions. 

Then there’s talk of A1 being capable of harm towards humans and could cause human extinction, goodness knows what mankind will be capable of inventing in the future. I’m getting out of my depth on that one better leave it alone.

All we can do is live for today and hope for tomorrow.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tony said:

For less than a century the USA has burned bright on the back of industrialisation that exploited the natural and human resources of a huge land mass with fertile land and abundant coastlines. 

Over the last fifteen years or so it's collapsed in a terrible orgiastic internal conflict of introspection, intersection, infighting and intolerance. It's curiously analogous to the timeline of the smartphone but that's for another thread.

The USA is hiding its demise by surviving on intellectual capital brought about through patents for goods that the rest of the world wants, but that phase is rapidly coming to an end. As those patents expire the human intellectual capital is moving east to equally large land masses with more than sufficient human natural resources to satisfy an ambitious society.

The USA hasn't got an answer.  It's over. Get ready for the death throes. Strongmen and despots are getting ready to take it's place and to put citizens in theirs.

They do cracking chicken wings and mexican food though.

1 hour ago, XboxMan2024 said:

Given Trump's alleged and proven crimes, I'm surprised he was even eligible to run for the "top" job next month? Especially given there's a scary chance he'll win because of the MAGA women hating racists who won't vote for Miss Harris.

That's quite the post after only 3 hours of joining the forum.

Are you Joe Biden?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bamanamanana said:

Do I?

It's costing the UK far more than everything mentioned in the post I responded to.

It is the elephant in the room in any discussion that involves frittering away money that could have been better used elsewhere.

Serious question.

In what way has Brexit affected you personally?

2 hours ago, XboxMan2024 said:

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

“ women hating racists “ .  :rolleyes:

Certainly seems odd to me that Trump was allowed to stand
The ugly calculus behind MAGA’s racist and sexist attacks on Harris  VOX, but plenty of other sources making the same claims, backed up by evidence
They try to undercut her legitimacy — and stoke fears about women of color in power.

In their opening wave of attacks on the Democrats’ likely presidential nominee, some Republicans are homing in on Vice President Kamala Harris’s race and gender — despite certain party leaders’ pleas for them to steer clear.

Members of the religious right have dubbed her a “jezebel,” while other conservative activists suggested that she’s slept her way to the top by citing past romantic relationships she’s had. GOP commentators have also echoed many of the same “birtherism” attacks that were once used against former President Barack Obama, falsely claiming that her candidacy isn’t viable because her parents were Jamaican and Indian immigrants. (Harris is a US citizen who was born in California.) And they’ve tapped into common GOP talking points about diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), implying that Harris isn’t up for the job and was selected for VP solely because of her identity.

On the other hand they may yet all implode now they've realised to whom JD Vance is married.

MAGA Enters Racist Meltdown Mode Over J.D. Vance’s Wife    TNR
The far right is absolutely losing it over Usha Vance. 

The past week has seen an outpouring of hate from the far right over the wife of Republican vice presidential nominee J.D. Vance.

The unremarkable fact that Vance is married to Usha Vance, a woman of Indian heritage, has become a fixation for white nationalists online.

Following Monday’s announcement of Vance as Trump’s running mate, white nationalist “groyper” Nick Fuentes seemed to enter a meltdown on his broadcast, saying,

“What kind of man marries somebody that isn’t a Christian?

What kind of man marries somebody named Usha?

Clearly, he doesn’t value his racial identity, his heritage. Clearly, he doesn’t value his religion.

He doesn’t marry a woman that professes Jesus Christ? What does that say about him?”

Nowt that WW3 wouldn’t sort out, the Russians must be feeling cocky, however they will have to get their act together, the Yanks don’t like playing at home, my guess is an escalation of the Middle East conflict. Europe should keep it’s nose out.