The USA is finished so are you ready for your grandchildren to live under despotism?

2 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Nowt that WW3 wouldn’t sort out, the Russians must be feeling cocky, however they will have to get their act together, the Yanks don’t like playing at home, my guess is an escalation of the Middle East conflict. Europe should keep it’s nose out.

The middle east war will come to our shores and America in my opinion. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

The middle east war will come to our shores and America in my opinion. 

Only because ever since the end of the second War, the British governments have been in America's pocket because the US Forces think they "Won" the War for us... Otherwise everyone in Europe would now be speaking in a German accent.

The USA is very much a Christian version of Iran now, with the public discourse increasingly dominated by absolutely unhinged conspiracy nuts and ultra-conservative God bullies who oppose democracy. 

One of the reasons Iran's economy is rubbish is that people who are smart were smart enough to see through the regime of religious idiots, protested, got locked up and tortured, then fled the country when let out. It's a self-imposed brain drain that half of the US seems to want to emulate.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Delbow said:

The USA is very much a Christian version of Iran now, with the public discourse increasingly dominated by absolutely unhinged conspiracy nuts and ultra-conservative God bullies who oppose democracy. 

One of the reasons Iran's economy is rubbish is that people who are smart were smart enough to see through the regime of religious idiots, protested, got locked up and tortured, then fled the country when let out. It's a self-imposed brain drain that half of the US seems to want to emulate.

The red half perchance? 🤔

1 minute ago, Bamanamanana said:

Is there anyone Brexit hasn't effected personally?

Food prices alone rose 6% off the back of it, don't most people eat?

Food prices have risen worldwide not just in the UK.

I am not trying to catch you out but I genuinely would like to know how it's personally affected folk?

• Like 1

The thread title is interesting because for those of us who don't have grandchildren, the chances of us having grandchildren are decreasing all the time. In the industrialised / post-industrialised world, it's like there are two forces pulling away from each other: the ruling classes who are trying to make life worse and worse for most of us, while the masses are increasingly of the view 'screw this, I'm out', which includes deciding not to have children, meaning that there is no worry about what kind of world your kids or grandkids will grow up in. So far, the response from the lunatics in charge has been minor concessions to the status quo, which are not significant enough to reverse the trend of dwindling populations, which seems likely to eventually scupper the dysfunctional economic and political systems they cling to. Ha ha.

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Food prices have risen worldwide not just in the UK.

I am not trying to catch you out but I genuinely would like to know how it's personally affected folk?

Brexit was not an axe to the neck-it is a cut that will not heal. 

Any medical care involving a queue.

Cost of social care added to Council Tax.

Cost any article imported from Europe.

Any European travel for work or travel.

Choice, quantity, quality and price of food.

Cost of borrowing money.

Loss of job opportunities.

Difficulties of exporting/importing leading to job losses.

Increase in non-EU immigration.

Decrease in investment leading to increasing job losses.

Do you want more?

• Thanks 1