The USA is finished so are you ready for your grandchildren to live under despotism?

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Food prices have risen worldwide not just in the UK.

That in no way negates the reality that 6% of the rises in the UK, are a direct result of Brexit. They are projected to rise more yet.

Same for most goods, and services.

That effects everyone, whether they're aware of it or not.

15 minutes ago, Bamanamanana said:

That in no way negates the reality that 6% of the rises in the UK, are a direct result of Brexit. They are projected to rise more yet.

Same for most goods, and services.

That effects everyone, whether they're aware of it or not.

So what though? As you say, people may or may not be aware but context is everything and once you are aware you can't claim ignorance. So:

image.thumb.png.bbaade1ed898b6d33fa0b9220f6681cc.png

On topic, the USA has stagnated, perhaps they (and us) are at the best attainable measure for modern economies. However, China and India are both improving at a rate of knots under a, despotism and b, a questionable democratic mandate. But facts are facts, our competitors are catching up fast without the niceties that we flatter ourselves with

share-healthy-diet-unaffordable(1).thumb.png.a2cbd7ce990503a0eb6f5349c95f6b6f.png

There is a clear correlation between plentiful energy and hunger, and if we're bring honest with ourselves, greenhouse gas production. 

The first kicker is that those countries are not letting man-made climate change get in their way. Abundant energy is bringing huge rewards and they don't look like stopping any time soon. 

primary-energy-cons.thumb.png.5892d88ce9f712a0b076f9d4fd580960.png

The second kicker is that we've shipped our emissions to the competition and they have grabbed them while we kid ourselves that we're making a difference when we are clearly not making any meaningful difference. 

annual-co2-emissions-per-country.thumb.png.5c7324b02e11148b551a903a4d42055f.png

The third, final and most alarming kicker is that we're willingly handing our legacy to them and opening ourselves up to the despotism and the end of our relatively brief Western experiment with democracy, human rights and freedoms.

Freedomscore.png.40ac2e848233e026cbacd4ca97bbba28.png

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

The third, final and most alarming kicker is that we're willingly handing our legacy to them and opening ourselves up to the despotism and the end of our relatively brief Western experiment with democracy, human rights and freedoms.

Freedomscore.png.40ac2e848233e026cbacd4ca97bbba28.png

Well that's fitting, since the recent history of Europe has been some kind of "democracy" and personal freedom for us, and despotism and colonialism for them. 

2 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Brexit was not an axe to the neck-it is a cut that will not heal. 

Any medical care involving a queue.

Cost of social care added to Council Tax.

Cost any article imported from Europe.

Any European travel for work or travel.

Choice, quantity, quality and price of food.

Cost of borrowing money.

Loss of job opportunities.

Difficulties of exporting/importing leading to job losses.

Increase in non-EU immigration.

Decrease in investment leading to increasing job losses.

Do you want more?

My Bold.

And folk like me get heavily criticised for costing the State a fortune.

The irony is, if I could go in any shop in Meadowhall and get a job this afternoon, I'd willingly do so, but because due to personal circumstances I can't work evenings or weekends, most of the retail trade, other than Charity shops (been there, done that and literally worn the t shirt) don't wanna know.

1 hour ago, XboxMan2024 said:

My Bold.

And folk like me get heavily criticised for costing the State a fortune.

The irony is, if I could go in any shop in Meadowhall and get a job this afternoon, I'd willingly do so, but because due to personal circumstances I can't work evenings or weekends, most of the retail trade, other than Charity shops (been there, done that and literally worn the t shirt) don't wanna know.

That's pretty understandable given retailers have most of their footfall during evenings and particularly weekends. 

I'm not going to pry into your personal circumstances, but there are obviously other types of job available. Even some homeworking opportunities these days. You clearly have sufficient skills in using a computer and there might be something remote you could do which fits around your circumstances.  

Many of the e-commerce and particular customer service roles now are at least part of the time home-based. 

57 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

That's pretty understandable given retailers have most of their footfall during evenings and particularly weekends. 

I'm not going to pry into your personal circumstances, but there are obviously other types of job available. Even some homeworking opportunities these days. You clearly have sufficient skills in using a computer and there might be something remote you could do which fits around your circumstances.  

Many of the e-commerce and particular customer service roles now are at least part of the time home-based. 

I've tried for remote working in customer service but there's the same problem, most of the work's evenings and weekends which I can't do for various reasons.