best park in sheffield and why?

whats your favourite and why?

WELL i will start mines always been graves it has a feel about it,as has ponds better when they were used and a nice cafe, especially now rolands left i hope, a nice farm area and woodland, yes so nice, needs work to improve but most do, whats your favourite and why?please note include pocket parks as well.

Norfolk, for the wide open grassy spaces, and hills for sledging.  Weston for the pond, the museum and sadly long-gone glasshouse.  Enjoyed Millhouses (yes, I remember the lido) and Rivelin too, but they were hard to get to for me.  Haven't seen any of them in many a long year.

8 minutes ago, bassett one said:

whats your favourite and why?

WELL i will start mines always been graves it has a feel about it,as has ponds better when they were used and a nice cafe, especially now rolands left i hope, a nice farm area and woodland, yes so nice, needs work to improve but most do, whats your favourite and why?please note include pocket parks as well.

Yes I like Graves park used to visit regularly when I lived at Heardings 

9 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Millhouses Park.  Someone had the foresight to attach it to the Wagon & Horses & put it close to the Robin Hood & Millhouses Hotel. 

Millhouses was a LOT better back in the 80s/early 90s when it had the Funfair and of course, the Lido... But like everything, they had to close it down because it kept getting vandalised.

1 hour ago, XboxMan2024 said:

Millhouses was a LOT better back in the 80s/early 90s when it had the Funfair and of course, the Lido... But like everything, they had to close it down because it kept getting vandalised.

The lido closing had nothing to do with vandalism. It closed because of problems with water pollution

My favourites when I lived in Sheffield - Botanical Gardens, 5 min drive from home and a pleasant stroll in colourful surroundings.

Graves Park - across the city but when our kids were young they loved the animals and the cafe.

Bolehills - stunning views of Rivelin and Loxley valleys and up to Hunshelf above Stocksbridge,

Edited by Longcol