Nigel Farage ‘genuinely concerned for his safety’ as Lee Anderson reveals death threat fears

52 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Maybe you could spend some time on Duck Duck Go having a look for yourself. Then, we’d all be spared the rather dull “ask a really specific question and repeat it ad nauseam” playbook that you and others employ in an attempt to deflect from major issues.

Let us know what you find out.

I must admit that I've quickly scan read this particular thread several times, and can't see where anyone has personally claimed that Farage has said that he hates immigrants; I may be mistaken of course.
Farage's actions may imply it, and many of his followers and acolytes clearly do hate immigrants.
I've seen and quoted, here and elsewhere,  examples  of where Farage has manipulated the hatred of other regarding immigration, and several folk pointing out that it's a comment he'd be unlikely to make himself  where it could be evidenced.
I have seen claims, that someone else has said that Farage uttered that specific term, in order to use it as a means of attack against one or more individuals.
So the next question, does anyone know if Farage hates Straw Men?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, peak4 said:

I must admit that I've quickly scan read this particular thread several times, and can't see where anyone has personally claimed that Farage has said that he hates immigrants; I may be mistaken of course.
Snipped 

You are...

On 15/10/2024 at 20:06, MJ01 said:

I wonder if the pair of them have considered fleeing to a safer country - first one they come to mind, no picking & choosing

The pair referes to Abbott and Farage..

On 15/10/2024 at 20:09, XboxMan2024 said:

Even for them it'd be a bit hypocritical, as they'd be immigrants in a different Country, when they claim to HATE immigrants with every fibre of their being :rolleyes: 

On 15/10/2024 at 20:31, The_DADDY said:

My bold

For some reason my internets frustratingly slow so I can't be bothered to search through the thread but Who claims that? Farage and Abbott? 

On 15/10/2024 at 20:59, XboxMan2024 said:

Farage in particular.

On 15/10/2024 at 21:00, The_DADDY said:

I've never heard Farage claim he hates migrants. Have you got a link? 

On 15/10/2024 at 21:02, XboxMan2024 said:

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I'll say it again. @XboxMan2024 made a claim. I'm merely questioning that claim. If farage said what it claimed then id like to see it.

2 hours ago, XboxMan2024 said:

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Not looking at it .The last link you put up supposedly proving Farage as a racist did nothing of the sort 

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I don't see where he said he hates immigrants in that article.

I think you might be mistaken. 

I'm happy to be proved wrong though.

There's probably a few posts in the chain I've missed but you get the idea

Edited by The_DADDY

16 minutes ago, peak4 said:

image.png.b24fe39908d7ffbd12493266347845ea.png

I must admit, I took that to mean the pair in the title, i.e. Anderson & Farage
I've personally not heard Dianne Abbott say anything derogatory about migrants Tony Abbott maybe

Lee Anderson on the other hand
https://www.thenational.scot/news/24490438.reform-uks-lee-anderson-illegal-immigrants-statement-backfires/

You might be right with Anderson 

But Farage was definitely accused of saying that. 

And ill repeat. If he did (farage) then it should be incredibly easy to prove. Thus far no one has so I'm taking it as a bare faced lie.

• Like 1

On 15/10/2024 at 17:37, The_DADDY said:

My bold 

I agree. So let's vet people properly. I've absolutely no problem with immigration. Never have. However this unchecked mass migration we are seeing is unsustainable and we've no idea who many of them are. Do it properly, get them citizenship but don't let the dangerous criminal types in. Get them gone.

They sneak in through the back door and hide for a while to see how land lies then plead political asylum 

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

He's been missing the publicity - hence his remarks about the new England footy manager,

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/thomas-tuchel-england-manager-fa-nigel-farage-b2630177.html

If he knew anything about footy he might realise  it's over 30 years since Howard Wilkinson led Leeds to the old Div 1 title and no club with an Evglish manager has won the Premier League.

I totally agree with Farage on this.

All international teams should be managed by someone from said country, otherwise it's all a bit pointless.

Not that I will be losing any sleep over it.

4 hours ago, hauxwell said:

It seems to me anyone who criticises uncontrolled immigration is called a racist.  I’m not surprised Farage has received death threats. 

But it's not uncontrolled, it's controlled, but 764,000 is too many in one year.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/longterminternationalmigrationprovisional/yearendingdecember2023

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hauxwell said:

It seems to me anyone who criticises uncontrolled immigration is called a racist.  I’m not surprised Farage has received death threats. 

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Indeed, and for that reason it strikes me that those who criticise "uncontrolled immigration" to the UK, may well either be racist themselves,  susceptible to manipulation by those who are, or have a specific general anti-immigration agenda.
Even those crossing the channel in dinghies become documented when they apply for asylum, as almost all of them do; the majority are later granted asylum under the UK's own rules.
This wasn't the case with stowaways in lorries etc. who just vanished into the countryside, and were effectively uncontrolled; ports within and outside the UK have now tightened up security, hence the move to small boats.
I'd suggest that most "uncontrolled immigration" these days occurs with those who come here legitimately on an official visa, and then fail to leave when it expires; they are the true illegal immigrants if they fail to apply for asylum within the requisite period.

Unfortunately as a country we are appalling at keeping records on these folk who overstay legitimate visas.

29 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Indeed, and for that reason it strikes me that those who criticise "uncontrolled immigration" to the UK, may well either be racist themselves,  susceptible to manipulation by those who are, or have a specific general anti-immigration agenda.

Snipped 

The absolute state of that 🙄 ⬆️

• Like 2