Nigel Farage ‘genuinely concerned for his safety’ as Lee Anderson reveals death threat fears

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

But your links didn't back your claim up.

Your claim was Nigel Farage said he hates immigrants. 

Your links didn't back that up.

I'm not even saying he didn't  say that. I just asked you to show me. 

Mate, I've been up since 7, don't make me put you on ignore because I'm too tired for arguments.

13 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

They sneak in through the back door and hide for a while to see how land lies then plead political asylum 

Which backdoor is that, other than overstaying a legitimate visa?
Almost all crossing the channel in dinghies, are either intercepted/"rescued" whilst at sea, or met at the coast on landing, and almost all of them claim asylum within the requisite timescale.

1 hour ago, peak4 said:

Indeed, and for that reason it strikes me that those who criticise "uncontrolled immigration" to the UK, may well either be racist themselves,  susceptible to manipulation by those who are, or have a specific general anti-immigration agenda.
Even those crossing the channel in dinghies become documented when they apply for asylum, as almost all of them do; the majority are later granted asylum under the UK's own rules.
This wasn't the case with stowaways in lorries etc. who just vanished into the countryside, and were effectively uncontrolled; ports within and outside the UK have now tightened up security, hence the move to small boats.
I'd suggest that most "uncontrolled immigration" these days occurs with those who come here legitimately on an official visa, and then fail to leave when it expires; they are the true illegal immigrants if they fail to apply for asylum within the requisite period.

Unfortunately as a country we are appalling at keeping records on these folk who overstay legitimate visas.

Had you down as much brighter than that to be honest.

Very disappointing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Absolutely incredible isn't it.

It is but what can you do. It seems unless we are happy for mass immigration of illegals to continue then we are racist. 

It's a crazy world we live in that's for sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Had you down as much brighter than that to be honest.

Very disappointing.

But we don't really have much in the way of uncontrolled immigration, and what occurs is dwarfed by those who arrive on visas, which I agree is probably too high.

4 minutes ago, peak4 said:

But we don't really have much in the way of uncontrolled immigration, and what occurs is dwarfed by those who arrive on visas, which I agree is probably too high.

To be fair it's because they'll willingly do certain jobs us native Brits don't wanna do, and willingly get paid Peanuts to do those jobs.

2 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Don't get brainwashed/manipulated that folk are racist if they criticise uncontrolled immigration. That would be doing exactly what you accuse others of being susceptible of.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Don't get brainwashed/manipulated that folk are racist if they criticise uncontrolled immigration. That would be doing exactly what you accuse others of being susceptible of.

In order to be brainwashed, it requires having a brain to be washed in the first place, which counts of some of most extreme right wingers out IMO.