Nigel Farage ‘genuinely concerned for his safety’ as Lee Anderson reveals death threat fears

38 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Please don't lie.

You can't back that up because it isn't true.

It is a recurring theme recently.

The Moor is full of charity shops.

There is nowhere to park in town.

Rotherham is a hamlet.

People sentenced to 30 months in prison will be out in two.

None of them backed up with evidence

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

It is a recurring theme recently.

The Moor is full of charity shops.

There is nowhere to park in town.

Rotherham is a hamlet.

People sentenced to 30 months in prison will be out in two.

None of them backed up with evidence

Yeah but he's been up since 7 so.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Don't get brainwashed/manipulated that folk are racist if they criticise uncontrolled immigration. That would be doing exactly what you accuse others of being susceptible of.

With respect, I think you're missing my point; perhaps I should have been clearer. 

Absolutely immigration levels should be up for legitimate discussion; I also think they are far too high for a variety of reasons, not least that we should be training our own citizens, rather than just importing pre-trained workers from abroad because it's cheaper.
I contend that we really don't have much "uncontrolled immigration";

Something north of 700K folk have arrived on legitimate visas, so that is entirely within the control of the UK government.
A much smaller number arrive by irregular means, primarily cross channel at the moment; almost all of those are detected and apply for asylum (I'm not sure of the last rolling 12 month's total, 40K??).
Whether those applications are truly for valid reasons, or lies/deceptions from potential economic migrants is a different issue, but the total numbers are known and counted, to be later accepted or rejected, and are thus totally under HMG's control, as we get to decide what rules we apply, and who to accept. Yes it's correct that we may not be doing very well at deporting some asylum seeker failures, but that's a separate point.
Under our government's own rules something over 75% (the last time I looked) of asylum seekers are subsequently granted asylum, and a proportion of those declined leave voluntarily.
Ergo we as a country are in control of those who we accept, so there is no "uncontrolled mass immigration", other than in the heads of some commentators.

The true "uncontrolled" ones are those who overstay legitimate visas, and an unknown  number who manage to arrive genuinely illegally,  under international as well as UK law, such as forged passports etc.
Take a step back, and ask who is pushing the "Uncontrolled Immigration" line and why; what are they seeking to achieve?
My argument is that it's certainly nothing to do with promoting racial/religious harmony in the UK, which is surely of benefit to all who live here,  whether they be UK citizens or not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peak4 said:

Indeed, and for that reason it strikes me that those who criticise "uncontrolled immigration" to the UK, may well either be racist themselves,  susceptible to manipulation by those who are, or have a specific general anti-immigration agenda.

Someone who refers to "uncontrolled immigration", obviously knows very little about immigration, since most of our immigration is controlled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

Someone who refers to "uncontrolled immigration", obviously knows very little about immigration, since most of our immigration is controlled.

Rather the point I've been making.
My question is that some who uses the term undoubtedly do so believing it to be true, but what of the others who continue to push that line knowing it to be untrue?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Rather the point I've been making.
My question is that some who uses the term undoubtedly do so believing it to be true, but what of the others who continue to push that line knowing it to be untrue?

I don't often hear the term "uncontrolled immigration", Boris Johnson gave a speech about it in 2022, its used more in the media. Which is how people are influenced.

13 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I totally agree with Farage on this.

All international teams should be managed by someone from said country, otherwise it's all a bit pointless.

Not that I will be losing any sleep over it.

This is the Nigel Farage who married a German, isn’t it?

I think that our proponents of the master race should ensure that they have pure bred English progeny. Nigel has let the side down with his choice of spouse. As such, he has no right to criticise the choice of a German football manager.

Also, I like Tuchel and think he’ll do a good job. That’s what really matters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1