Nigel Farage ‘genuinely concerned for his safety’ as Lee Anderson reveals death threat fears

Just now, The_DADDY said:

My bold

What, you're saying EVERY country has them? Do you have a link to a list or something please? 

Yes

Its basic national security. More developed countries may use better systems but to imply poorer countries governments don't have basic IT infrastructure is naive.

I don't need a link. It's just common sense 

Just now, RollingJ said:

In total agreement - but as usual this has turned into one of the usual 'immigration' arguments that Farage et al thrive on.

One of the main reasons I voted remain for Brexit was because unlike most of the original leave voters, I don't hate immigrants, legal or otherwise, I just can't talk to the majority of non UK call centres because I have a very strong local accent, which they don't understand.

16 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Complete BS,  Farage is a self serving con artist who is brilliant at extracting money for not doing the job he was paid to do.

He attended one out of 42 committee meetings he was supposed to attend as the UK representative when we were EU members. Didn't have any problem drawing the salary and continuing to draw the pension though.

As someone who spent an entire working life in the private sector I have nothing but contempt for that type of behaviour, obtaining money by false pretences is theft, yet appears to be widespread in the public sector.

Threats from idiots are part and parcel of any high profile job. They are usually nonsense issued by people with mental problems. There are of course the exceptions to that where the threat is real. That's part of the job which everyone is aware of.

Anyone contemplating any job who has any sense whatsoever takes into consideration the risk involved. Work with electricity, work at heights, work in confined spaces etc? Don't then turn round and say " I can't do that it might be dangerous ". You chose the job, deal with it.

Farage chose to get involved with politics, not only that, he chose to be a loud mouthed controversial antagonistic gobshyte. 

This is nothing but an excuse to draw a salary and not do the job.      Nigel Farage's modus operandi.

I agree.

Nigel Farage knew before the election that many people don't like his poisonous rhetoric, yet he still chose to put himself forward knowing full well the voters in his constituency would be short changed.

I agree that there should be stiff penalties for those who send death threats to elected officials, and I do have sympathy for many MPs who get death threats regularly, but still hold surgeries and meet their constituents.

I know that a certain demographic of poster on here loved laughing at Diane Abbot and mocking her. However in spite of the fact that she get over half of all the death threats which MPs receive, she still does her full MP job. Good for her, and I have a lot of respect for her.

At least she does the job she paid to do, and doesn't laze off, crying that she's not allowed to serve her consistuents.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

In total agreement - but as usual this has turned into one of the usual 'immigration' arguments that Farage et al thrive on.

I disagree 

Thus thread is turning more into how the immigration system works and data sharing 

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

Yes

Its basic national security. More developed countries may use better systems but to imply poorer countries governments don't have basic IT infrastructure is naive.

I don't need a link. It's just common sense 

I'm sorry but it seems you are just assuming.

Anyway. I'm off out in a bit so I'll leave you all to it for now.

It's been am enjoyable thread so far. I hope it keeps that way.👍👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

I disagree 

Thus thread is turning more into how the immigration system works and data sharing 

OK - but it initially didn't, and unless I have missed the change of policy announcement, I understood that us leaving the EU meant we were no longer able to access the EUROPOL databases. Apologies if I am wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

I'm sorry but it seems you are just assuming.

Anyway. I'm off out in a bit so I'll leave you all to it for now.

It's been am enjoyable thread so far. I hope it keeps that way.👍👍

I've said before that I work in the industry so none of what I say is an assumption 

• Like 2

Just now, RollingJ said:

OK - but it initially didn't, and unless I have missed the change of policy announcement, I understood that us leaving the EU meant we were no longer able to access the EUROPOL databases. Apologies if I am wrong.

You're not wrong but we can rely on other databases and other countries 

Just now, Delayed said:

I've said before that I work in the industry so none of what I say is an assumption 

Last post before I leave.

Then I'll accept what you say however I'm still a tad skeptical that every single country has them but I'll just have to live with that. Cheers for the chat. It's been enjoyable 👍

• Thanks 1