Nigel Farage ‘genuinely concerned for his safety’ as Lee Anderson reveals death threat fears

If Nigel Farage is fearful that someone might take a pot shot at him, and that's why he can't hold constituency surgeries then really he should offer the people of Clacton on Sea the option of voting him out in favour of someone who is happy to meet and work with the public in the area. Representing constituents is an important part of what an MP does. 

Though saying he gets threats could be a convenient way of worming out of his duties, earlier in the thread someone pointed out his complete lack of productivity in the European parliament, and hardly did anything when he was elected to it. Seems like a pattern is emerging here....

On the same day that some politicians and the media have been talking about getting people off the dole and back into work too....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I agree.

Nigel Farage knew before the election that many people don't like his poisonous rhetoric, yet he still chose to put himself forward knowing full well the voters in his constituency would be short changed.

I agree that there should be stiff penalties for those who send death threats to elected officials, and I do have sympathy for many MPs who get death threats regularly, but still hold surgeries and meet their constituents.

I know that a certain demographic of poster on here loved laughing at Diane Abbot and mocking her. However in spite of the fact that she get over half of all the death threats which MPs receive, she still does her full MP job. Good for her, and I have a lot of respect for her.

At least she does the job she paid to do, and doesn't laze off, crying that she's not allowed to serve her consistuents.

I have little time for Diane Abbot, a close friend of mine's  ex wife worked for Haringey council and had a number of dealings with her. She confirmed my opinion that she isn't a particularly admirable person.

Having said which I respect her commitment to her  constituents which is more than I can say for Farage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

I wonder if the pair of them have considered fleeing to a safer country - first one they come to mind, no picking & choosing

Even for them it'd be a bit hypocritical, as they'd be immigrants in a different Country, when they claim to HATE immigrants with every fibre of their being :rolleyes: 

18 minutes ago, XboxMan2024 said:

Even for them it'd be a bit hypocritical, as they'd be immigrants in a different Country, when they claim to HATE immigrants with every fibre of their being :rolleyes: 

My bold

For some reason my internets frustratingly slow so I can't be bothered to search through the thread but Who claims that? Farage and Abbott?