New England Manager

gaz 786

The one problem that I envisage is that the choice of qualified English players is exactly he same as it was prior to his appointment. However he’s streets ahead of any English competition, our top ex players appear to prefer tv than team work.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, prince al said:

No more foreign managers, embarrassing for England.

Why? Surely all that matters is if he's qualified and able to take the team a step further and on to victory?

At least he shouldn't have a problem singing the National Anthem. Charles has more German ethnicity than English. His parents were third cousins, both descended from Queen Victoria and her German first cousin husband Albert. His  father Philip was of German/Danish descent and had uncles who served in the German army in WW2.

Perhaps they could compromise and alternate between God Save the King and Deutschland Uber Alles in order to help him feel at home?  😉

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Longcol said:

Howard Wilkinson the last manager to win the top league in England with Leeds when it was the old Div 1. How enbarrasing for English managers.

Indeed. 

The only Englishman in the frame for the job really appeared to be Eddy Howe & the only trophies he's managed to achieve at present as far as I can see are Manager of the Month awards & I reckon Chris Wilder has more of them than Howe.