New England Manager

gaz 786

24 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Maybe it was the players that didn't get on with him? 

Maybe,  I don't follow German football,   I'd give him a fair go,  wouldn't mind Klopp either,   Marcello Lippi would be my favourite but  I think he retired  few years ago.

15 hours ago, m williamson said:

Why? Surely all that matters is if he's qualified and able to take the team a step further and on to victory?

At least he shouldn't have a problem singing the National Anthem. Charles has more German ethnicity than English. His parents were third cousins, both descended from Queen Victoria and her German first cousin husband Albert. His  father Philip was of German/Danish descent and had uncles who served in the German army in WW2.

Perhaps they could compromise and alternate between God Save the King and Deutschland Uber Alles in order to help him feel at home?  😉

Absolutely not. England has gone down the route of appointing foreign managers to the country’s embarrassment. Appoint Gerrard.

1 hour ago, prince al said:

Absolutely not. England has gone down the route of appointing foreign managers to the country’s embarrassment. Appoint Gerrard.

Been such a success managing in the Prem .......................Villa have improved no end since they sacked him.

1 hour ago, prince al said:

Surely the object should be to appoint the man with the best chance of success? Considering their CV has to be part of the procedure. Gerrard has done nothing in management terms to justify him getting the England job.  No English manager has ever won the Premier League title.   The most successful British manager with 13 league titles is Alex Ferguson, and I'd imagine there are a lot of England supporters who'd much prefer a German to a Scotsman! 😮

• Thanks 1