Greyhound Racing

gaz 786

18 minutes ago, XboxMan2024 said:

Yes, for the same reason as Horce Racing, once the Greyhounds get too old and knackered to race any more, they get destroyed, same thing happens to the Horses.

Sadly this is mostly true.

My wife does money raising for a retired Greyhound charity, once they get to a point where they aren't winning, they get retired and rehomed.

I doubt it happens this way for all of them, but these are the lucky ones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

Sadly this is mostly true.

My wife does money raising for a retired Greyhound charity, once they get to a point where they aren't winning, they get retired and rehomed.

I doubt it happens this way for all of them, but these are the lucky ones.

A friend of mine adopted two greyhounds from Spain. Once they’d stopped winning, their owner had physically abused them. 

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, XboxMan2024 said:

Yes, for the same reason as Horce Racing, once the Greyhounds get too old and knackered to race any more, they get destroyed, same thing happens to the Horses.

Y

9 hours ago, XboxMan2024 said:

Yes it's a crying shame same thing happens to racing pigeons thier necks are broken if they don't make the grade 😢 

1 hour ago, XboxMan2024 said:

Actually, the first and only time I literally went to the Dogs (Owlerton Stadium) I won £8 on a £1 stake in the last race.

I always back the Hare, not lost yet.....

• Haha 1