I Miss My Hendersons!!!

Have Henderson's discovered a new way to get us all to consume more Relish? Yesterday, I sat down for my tea, knife and fork in hand, drooling over my steaming plate of hash and dumplings. Picking up a new bottle of Relish, I unscrewed the cap and turned the bottle over to give a few good shakes and squirts. In an instant, my dumplings and gravy were mixed with half a bottle of Relish. The crafty people at Henderson's had omitted the plastic squirter thing from the bottle top. Did I throw my tea away? Don't be daft, it was delicious.

Can anyone else remember the days before the plastic squirter thing when we used to stick the tin opener into the bottle cap?

• 1 month later...

I moved to London a year ago and i know it sounds daft but i really missed Hendersons, not just the taste but the orangy red label! Last time i went back home i bought two bottles and now my partner is into it too! The spiritual home for Hendersons was Butlers dining rooms near Jessops Hospital, where the windows were steamed up every day with home made pies with proper crusts. Not there any more which is a massive shame.....god im getting hungry now!!!!

It says on this website that the secret ingredient to Hendersons relish is Sheffield tap water! Apparantly the quality of Sheffield tap water has a distinctive taste and if it was to be produced in any other place then it would taste very different.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A12460619

ah that explains my question, why not just copy the bottle & make your own? with a little trial & error & the web full of recipes,Ithink the tap water is just a red herring meant to put you off:suspect::suspect:

• 1 year later...

Archived