Weerz Me Dad? Have you read it?

Touche

Ive just finished reading this book and thoroughly enjoyed it...I used to live on winngardens on the same estate as the author about 20 or so years ago...(winn grove)

I knew his children but Fred was well known and liked by all the "grown-ups"

I'm glad the book did well for him they were a lovely family:)

I have read it as my hubby's friend, Mark Pass (the authors son) supplied him with one!!

They have been around for a few years now and can be bought in most local books shops/newsagents!!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

:)

First read "Weerz my dad" about four years ago,and still pull it out for a chuckle.

There is three other books on a similar topic the 1940 - 1950 s that l would recommend. The author Frank Hartley born 1935 tells of his upbringing around Attercliffe. The books "Where sparrows coughed" "The last green bottle" and "Dancing on the cobbles".is well written and humorous,anyone wanting to know what life was like in those years, will have a genuine insight.l know because l also, was born in 1935 in Attercliffe and his life is almost a replica of my own.

P.S l would love to know if the author wrote any other books? l live in N Z now and dont get round the book shops.

Archived