Weerz Me Dad? Have you read it?

Touche

• 7 months later...
Just got the book - and like all the people who have read it I just could not put it down. I was a kid in that area - and his stories bought back some very happy memories.

What a great read

What a brilliant book. So full of memories of Sheffield and the great Yorkshire humour. Being reminded of it makes me want to go and read it again.

I have read the book quite a few times and thought is was great.

I also got it on CD for Christmas and it is read by Rony Robinson (I think that's his name) from Radio Sheffield and it is just as good as the book.

Well worth listening to, just keep the sound down or use earphones if there are people easily offended, as it is read by Rony straight from the book!

Have read ALL of his books, and although my family know him and his wife, we couldn't wait to go to Kelham Island Christmas Fayre to see if there was a new installment ............. unfortunately this past few years he hasn't been there.

FANTASTIC reads, I've never laffed so much laid in bed lol

*Smiles*

Angi

First read "Weerz my dad" about four years ago,and still pull it out for a chuckle.

There is three other books on a similar topic the 1940 - 1950 s that l would recommend. The author Frank Hartley born 1935 tells of his upbringing around Attercliffe. The books "Where sparrows coughed" "The last green bottle" and "Dancing on the cobbles".is well written and humorous,anyone wanting to know what life was like in those years, will have a genuine insight.l know because l also, was born in 1935 in Attercliffe and his life is almost a replica of my own.

P.S l would love to know if the author wrote any other books? l live in N Z now and dont get round the book shops.

http://www.madeinsheffield.com/list_items.asp?DepartmentName=Book_Shop&ProductType=AutoBiographical_Books

• 1 year later...

Archived