Weerz Me Dad? Have you read it?

Touche

I wrote some stories from my childhood and used the Sheffield dialect. Some of my Canadian friends just weren't getting it so I loaned them copies of Weerz me dad and Weerz me mam. They thought they were hilarious and since then have started to catch on to my stories. Thanks, Fred and RIP mate.

There's a new book out about the Potty Edwards who used to work in the Sheaf Market. It's all about market life and it's got lots of local dialect in. I saw it in the Star last Saturday as they are printing extracts the next few weekends. It's very funny.

I bought mine from the Star Shop but you can get in from their website.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

yes me i have read it twice along with weerz me dad a great nostalgic look at sheffield, i thing schools should have it and allow kids to read it and find out what sheffield was like in the early fifties and sixties with only old stuff ti play with none of these mp3 boxwx, i phones not even a calculator , maybe a skipping rope, even boring sundays there was something do do there were no shops open. nothing on tv radio had programmes like sing somrthing simple, jimmy clitherro, happy days,feel i may have digrest now so bye

Archived