Open Mike nights

weekathy

Hi,

I already put a post up in the "Wanted" section but thought I would try here instead as I only got a couple of replies...

Looking for Open Mike nights in Sheffield where I can play some acoustic songs and/or places that put on acoustic gigs. I know about Green Room, Malin Bridge "Can You Jam", also The Vine and Broadfield were mentioned but the Telegraph doesn't list these so I don't know which nights...

I am 35 and do my own songs plus some pop covers. Could do with friendly atmosphere where i can meet other musicians and not have to bring loadsamates etc. myspace page is /kathycookson. Anyone in the know??

Cheers!

As you say you do 'pop covers' and such, West St Live may be a good starting point - I think mid-week they have an anything goes open mic night. I've seen some very 'varied' performances there so give it a try. There's also the Broadfield pub on a Sunday night.

By the way, both the nights Stan mentions are country music nights - if that's what you do, then I'd imagine you're welcome...

the green room is good for acoustic.. i think mark at real promotions does that.. also the forum has people on... dont really have much in the way of contact details thou.

check out and messege the following people (who i have met and if feeling nice may reply and help out)

Natalie ... http://www.myspace.com/tbreathinguk

Tim - http://www.myspace.com/timparemusic (how good is 'still in love'! wow!)

Hi Kathy,

creatovate is a monthly open mic night on the last tuesday of the month, the next event is tues 25th July starting at 8pm at the Showroom cafe. Creatovate promotes artists with and without disabilities, with the focus on bringing disability arts and the world into the same sentence. It is a really worthy cause and a great night out! If you are interested e-mail rebecca_virgo@hotmail.com and tell her that Angelina referred you or pop along to our next night on the 25th. xx

Archived