Lovely Italian restaurant... (L'Incontro - Abbeydale Road)

We went to L'Incontro (think that's how you spell it) last night and had a lovely meal

It's where La Dolce Vita used to be.

Had some lovely Organic Italina Wine too... very tasty and hang over free ;-)

You the owner then ?

We went to L'Incontro (think that's how you spell it) last night and had a lovely meal

It's where La Dolce Vita used to be.

Had some lovely Organic Italina Wine too... very tasty and hang over free ;-)

Love Italian food, where abouts is it?

Love Italian food, where abouts is it?

On London Road.

The menu is quite extensive... the have fish, chicken, steak, pasta etc..

I had fillet steak Cicciatorra (Think that's how it was spelt)

Tomato, mushroom and olives in the sauce ...

Stunning!

• 7 months later...

I was very lucky to be taken out for a meal here on Saturday and had a fantastic meal. The food was amazing - the gnocchi, Monkfish and home made tiramsu absolutely delicious. The vegetables that were served with the main course were cooked to perfection.

The service was great - we were given a choice of tables but since I was standing behind my partner I misheard and opted for a bigger table. No fuss was made that I'd chosen table set for 4 :blush: Our coats were taken and hung up for us and the waitresses very attentive.

Oh and the wine comes in litre bottles - that's just for Mr Meaks' information really ;)

I'd definitely recomment this place to anyone looking for a special meal out or just wanting great food. I think the most expensive main course on the menu was around £15 - price wise it compares with other Italian restaurants in Sheffield but it was far and away the best meal I've had in an Italian Restaurant here (and I've had plenty of good meals at other restaurants).

All in all it was a fantastic evening :)

Archived