Pyebank School, Pitsmoor

elaine

• 3 weeks later...

This is really for Peugeot 206 who sent me a PM. I'm sorry Peugeot but I can't recollect anyone of your proper name. I compiled a short list of old school pals and others I remember from the years you mentioned. Starting from the Pitsmoor Road side of Schoolboard Hill, all from around Reginald St, Alan Brookfield, Freddy Eggleston, Roger Watts, Tommy Angus, Ronnie Green, Roy Lines, Billy Crump. From the Hayward Road area, Denis Swift, Denis Bullivant, Tommy and George Goulding, Jack Best, Denis Owen, Gerald (Spanky) Oates. From the Nottingham Street side, Brian Davison, Jackson Horrocks, Ken Eades, Teddy Blackwell, Roy Etches, Sammy Clark, Albert Naylor, Terry Ellis, Donald Bilton, Ray Bairstow.

i lived on marcus street from 1949 to1962 name susan lukaszewski my mums name was aileen

Hi susan my name is dave bratton and lived at 124 marcus street at the top of oborne street in 1951 till they knocked them down in the early sixties, i dont rememer you but as kids we would have seen each other in the playground on oborne street. maybe you will remember susan and jimmy o,connell who lived behind the shop at the bottom of the gennel opposit the sportsman pub,they were about your age assuming you were born in 1949. there is a website called "LIBRARY SERVICES PICTURES OF SHEFFIELD.CO.UK. there isnt many pictures of marcus street.,but there are a few of the kids in the playground in the 50s and if you can remember the names of the streets lots of other memories, if you cant nagotiate the web sit let me know and i will help if i can

anyone now lukaszeswski from marcus street pitsmoor went to pye bank school in 50s onwards mothers name aileen ,would love some photos of area if anybody has any around that time name idadell

Where abouts on Marcus St.? I lived at the top of Champ's Hill. opposite Marcus St. Do remember any of the people from that area. I went to Pye Bank School at the same time. 50's onwards. I was born 1949 and lived on Champ's hill from about 1950.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes i am, we havent seen each others for years,. Do you remember that teacher Mr Shirt we used to call him shirtlap and make jokes of him. Colin do you remember what tricks we used to get up to, I think id better mention my brothers names, Ken,Derek,Brian,Paul,and my sister Janet, they all went to Pyebank School. After we left 96 Fowler Street in 58/59 went live on maner estate,we werent there long, we came back to Number 33 Fox Street,. I left Sheffied in 92, ive been married twice, now have a partner who looks after me. Me and my first wife had four kids two boys / two girls,. Colin it would be great to be able to talk to you properley,..

Hi Dennis

Edited part

Oooopps i pressed wrong key before i finished typing (see next post for full message)

Edited by justmeglynn
Oooopps

Yes i am, we havent seen each others for years,. Do you remember that teacher Mr Shirt we used to call him shirtlap and make jokes of him. Colin do you remember what tricks we used to get up to, I think id better mention my brothers names, Ken,Derek,Brian,Paul,and my sister Janet, they all went to Pyebank School. After we left 96 Fowler Street in 58/59 went live on maner estate,we werent there long, we came back to Number 33 Fox Street,. I left Sheffied in 92, ive been married twice, now have a partner who looks after me. Me and my first wife had four kids two boys / two girls,. Colin it would be great to be able to talk to you properley,..

Hi Dennis, I think i know who your brother is (Derek.) Did he used to work at Eschmann Bros and Walsh on corporation street? now student accommodation, If so does he remember me (Glynn) and the Fair:) Imme still involved with the fair to this day :)

Regards

Glynn

Edited by justmeglynn
added

• 2 weeks later...
allow elaine my name susan i lived on marcus street have you any photo i went to pye bank school my dad was polish my old friends catherine marshall audrey vallance i lived in a bunglow up pitsmoor had to go up geniel to toliot had tin bath one up one down house rember park hill flats being built my parents was offered one but they choose manor as i had aunty cousin there yours sincecely susan

Hi1Susan I remember you aswell as Catherine Marshall & Audrey Vallance, my name was Susan Burns & I lived on Brackley Street, near Nottingham Street. My best friend at school was Kathryn Jones, her dad was Taffy (the window cleaner) around Pitsmoor. The headmaster when I was at Pye Bank was Mr Cook & my teacher was Mr Jenkinson.Other teachers' names I remember are Miss Wragg, Miss Slater & I think there was a Mrs Armitage. I can remember some other names in my year, Edward Fenn, Kathleen Pilgrim, Peter Swift, Mark Butterworth, Sheila Bamford, Denise Mathews, Avril Hastings, Dinah Green, John Bates, Kenneth Thorpe, Malcolm Buck, Frankie Lemon it's amazing how many names come back even though its about 50 years ago. It would be lovely to hear from you even if you don't remember me!!

Susan lukaszewski hi every body from pitsmoor i lived on marcus street in a 1 up 1down bunglow at muscine they have one its just like being back home pitsmoor was a lovely place pye bank a nice school those good old days have gone oh i moved on old manor it not same anymore i need to find catherin marshell audrey vallance i forget my other friends names but no one forget mine to polish ha ha

Where abouts on Marcus St.? I lived at the top of Champ's Hill. opposite Marcus St. Do remember any of the people from that area. I went to Pye Bank School at the same time. 50's onwards. I was born 1949 and lived on Champ's hill from about 1950.

You must have lived nearly opposite the Campbells then.