Pyebank School, Pitsmoor

elaine

Hang on a bit. Zetagi.....I've just been looking at your profile and would like to know how you would know what Pitsmoor was like in the 60s, you weren't born until 1975.

Leave the history to those of us what were there at the time instead of your Dad told you.

i do not have a dad so don't assume anything Mr Tansley

i can think of several area's "longley being one of them" that are declining and continue to do so, so why not talk about that ?

older generations tend to dwell on the past :hihi: so on that note. i will leave you get on with it.

i do not have a dad so don't assume anything Mr Tansley

i can think of several area's "longley being one of them" that are declining and continue to do so, so why not talk about that ?

older generations tend to dwell on the past :hihi: so on that note. i will leave you get on with it.

I wouldn't say dwell, we/I remember them with fondness and there is nothing wrong with that.

Longley is declining but tell me any council area in sheffield that hasn't.

Its a sign of the times which is why Pitsmoor went the way it did.

There is a lot of upgrading going on in Longley council propertys at the moment which is thanks to the Northern housing society rather than the council.

I have or would never say longley is perfect, it ain't, we have our fair share of thieves and vagabonds but I do know Pitsmoor as much as you and the history of Pitsmoor more than you cause I was there.

Zetagi, can I ask you were you were born in Pitsmoor in 1975.

yes was born in 1975 i was born at the northern general hospital i think thats firth park :hihi:

Why be elusive, I do not know anyone who knows me from pitsmoor your age unless you are part of my family. Your PM states to me that you must be part of my family.

If you are who I think you are then get in touch, I don't bite.

Your Pm to me virtually tells me who you are, don't hide on here, get in touch

Paul.

• 1 month later...
Hi

My Dad is Charles Hallewell 70 next week you are right on all of the above-he married Rita Taylor had three daughters and now lives in Chapeltown.His older brother was Grenville,sadly past away 9yrs ago.You seem to know him well,can I help.

:D:P

Regards

WAGSLASS

Hello Waglass,

Did your uncle Grenville live on Northlands Rd. and did he have Two daughters Tina, and Leslie (your cousins). If so I used to live next door No 35? I forget his wifes name, but I knew she fell ill some years ago. We moved away around 1978.

• 2 weeks later...
vicky udall name rings a bell does anyone remember kath and charlie belk who in the fifties lived i think on the same road as vicky and had a son called steven and a daughter called susan

Hi

Just found this site and cannot believe the memories its brought back.

Im the above mentioned Vicky Udall as was before marriage.

Thought I had forgotten all the names of the kids in my class at Pye Bank 1954 but its amazing how it all comes flooding back. Kath & Charlie Belk did live in the same road as me, Haywood Rd just off Pitsmoor Rd . They lived in the caretakers house of the old disused chapel. My Mum ,Eva was good friends with Kath and I used to play with Steven and Susan. Have got good memories of those days in Pitsmoor ,great sense of community not a lot of money but good neighbours. Strong links to the area ,grandparents,great grandparents, aunts,uncles,cousins all lived in Fowlers Street,Reginald St.

Will sign off now and try to remember more names and places.

When I started Pye bank infants about 1954, I remember some of my classmates were called Charlie Street, Ken Savage, Ronnie Taylor, Maxwell Richardson, (timid kind of lad with blond hair and glasses) Geoffery Burke, Peter Campbell (we were best mates for years until his death in 1993, god bless him) Frankie Lemmons (another one gone some years back) Paul Bradley (I have heard he has passed away some time ago but don't know for sure) Philip Biggins, Jennifer Russel, Jannet Woodward , Vicky Udall and I seem to remember a couple of Elaine's but not sure, time play's trick's on the grey matter. Just remembered a red haired girl Called Vallarie Roxborough? no doubt more names will come flooding back the moment I shut down. would love to know what has happend to them all.

Hi Pitsmoorboy

Am new to this site but I remember all the names mentioned above. Im Vicky Udall as was before marriage. Can remember it all like yesterday.Used to live in Marshall St then moved to Hayward Rd. Went on to Burngreave Sec. but then all the family and relatives moved from Pitsmoor in slum clearance. I can remember my mum and grandma not wanting to leave even for the prospect of better housing, they had good friends and neighbours. I left Sheffield with my family in 1985 but still visit relatives. This is a great site,glad I found it.Shall certainly be visiting again.