Pyebank School, Pitsmoor

elaine

A couple more names, Roy Gregory, Dennis Longley, Richard Pascoe, Clifford Buck, Alan Kelsey, George Littlewood. (it's all fading again)

Hi Colin, It was agreat read,but you missed a few names, my names Dennis. Heres some more, Howard Snape,Mick Laver,Paul Stringfellow,Mick Leary, George Bramall,John Whitworth, Angela Mish, Susan Pilgrim,Sandra Bluff, Jeniffer Coulson,Pamala Cutts,Catherine Marshall,. We used to have some good times aound Pitsmoor in them days,plenty of laughs,. I now live in Rotherham.

Hi Colin, It was agreat read,but you missed a few names, my names Dennis. Heres some more, Howard Snape,Mick Laver,Paul Stringfellow,Mick Leary, George Bramall,John Whitworth, Angela Mish, Susan Pilgrim,Sandra Bluff, Jeniffer Coulson,Pamala Cutts,Catherine Marshall,. We used to have some good times aound Pitsmoor in them days,plenty of laughs,. I now live in Rotherham.

Hello Dennis,

Are you Dennis Longley?

I was born 1949. The Wellbornes I knew lived at 50? Brunswick Rd. First house on Right going up hill from Railway bridge.

Hello,

Weren't all the houses on the right of Brunswick Road, going up, know as the Mill Houses? I assume because of some connection with Wigfalls Flour Mill behind them. Just before the first house, there used to be a passagway (possible steps as well) that went down into the mill property. Remember that?

When you think about it, there was Wigfalls Mill, Aizelwoods Mill down on Nursery Street and Ibbotson's Mill (later Ibbotson and Smith) on Alma street. I assume they are all gone now.

Regards

Yes they are the ones.They had a girl called Freda.

They also had a girl called Anne? The Wellbournes had grand kid's called Campbell, Michael the oldest Jimmy, David, and Peter. all lived at the same address. I went to school with Peter we were mates up to his death in 1993. Freda Married a guy called Hobson, forget his first name. They celebrated their Golden wedding anniversary some years back, but Freda died a couple of years after that. Anne died some Twenty or so years ago, could be more.

Hello Dennis,

Are you Dennis Longley?

Yes i am, we havent seen each others for years,. Do you remember that teacher Mr Shirt we used to call him shirtlap and make jokes of him. Colin do you remember what tricks we used to get up to, I think id better mention my brothers names, Ken,Derek,Brian,Paul,and my sister Janet, they all went to Pyebank School. After we left 96 Fowler Street in 58/59 went live on maner estate,we werent there long, we came back to Number 33 Fox Street,. I left Sheffied in 92, ive been married twice, now have a partner who looks after me. Me and my first wife had four kids two boys / two girls,. Colin it would be great to be able to talk to you properley,..

Hello,

Weren't all the houses on the right of Brunswick Road, going up, know as the Mill Houses? I assume because of some connection with Wigfalls Flour Mill behind them. Just before the first house, there used to be a passagway (possible steps as well) that went down into the mill property. Remember that?

When you think about it, there was Wigfalls Mill, Aizelwoods Mill down on Nursery Street and Ibbotson's Mill (later Ibbotson and Smith) on Alma street. I assume they are all gone now.

Regards

Aizlewoods Mill on Nursery St. is still there & it has now been developed into offices & I think they have done a good job on them, they look good.Most of the area around the Bull Rocks & Champs Hill has been flattend to make way for the new ring road.The ramp that ran from opposite the Manchester Hotel(now the Harlequin)up to the Bridgehouses goods yard has been demolished also.From Nursery St. you can now see where Marcus St. used to be.Opposite the new Harlequin on the other side of the Don are new upper class flats.

Yes i am, we havent seen each others for years,. Do you remember that teacher Mr Shirt we used to call him shirtlap and make jokes of him. Colin do you remember what tricks we used to get up to, I think id better mention my brothers names, Ken,Derek,Brian,Paul,and my sister Janet, they all went to Pyebank School. After we left 96 Fowler Street in 58/59 went live on maner estate,we werent there long, we came back to Number 33 Fox Street,. I left Sheffied in 92, ive been married twice, now have a partner who looks after me. Me and my first wife had four kids two boys / two girls,. Colin it would be great to be able to talk to you properley,..

Hello Dennis.

I was talking to Derek? in the Staffordshire arms a couple of weeks back and I asked him how you were. He said you having trouble with your knee, hope it's better now. I live in Wincobank now, I moved from Pitsmoor 1969/70 went to live in Parkwood springs till 1974 when they knocked it all down. From there we went to Southey green till 82, have been at Wincobank since. I got married in 1969, have two boy's and Three grandkid's. It would be nice to see you again after all these years, because we were mates at school.

anyone out there remember pyebank infants from the 50's, I was Elaine Roebuck, and moved onto the Manor Estate in 1960.

My parents were George and Edith , my brother George and sister Mavis.

Hi my mum went to pyebank school did you know the broomheads on pitsmoor road,my mums name was doreen broomhead and her cousin lucy broomhead used to have a lot to do with a family call roebucks,she has recently been trying to find them.

Hi my mum went to pyebank school did you know the broomheads on pitsmoor road,my mums name was doreen broomhead and her cousin lucy broomhead used to have a lot to do with a family call roebucks,she has recently been trying to find them.

The Broomheads I knew in Pitsmoor lived in Gray St in the 70s, would it be the same family.

Also Derek Longley, just trying to sort you out from the rest of your family.

I know Janet very well and your " other Brother ", was your knick name Daddy.

Also I remember your parents, are they still around.