Pyebank School, Pitsmoor

elaine

now then col i miss 1 poxy t out and i get caned for it (pye bank,burngreave,herris) not bad for a novice eeh

Now then Merv....get your das done then you can come out and play with the big boys.!

Once mick gets the bug with biddy's scooter, he'll want to do his as well!

• 7 months later...
anyone out there remember pyebank infants from the 50's, I was Elaine Roebuck, and moved onto the Manor Estate in 1960.

My parents were George and Edith , my brother George and sister Mavis.

Hi Elaine,

My dad, Michael Darling remembers you, and your brother and your sister Mavis. His brother Keith, my uncle probably will too. This forum is great, ive found a lot of their school mates. Do you keep in contact with anyone they'd know?

Regards,

Lisa :D

anyone out there remember pyebank infants from the 50's, I was Elaine Roebuck, and moved onto the Manor Estate in 1960.

My parents were George and Edith , my brother George and sister Mavis.

Hello elaine,

MY dad Michael Darling remembers you and your family, do you remember him and his older brother Keith?

Lisa :D

Re message of Bluebird62

My husband, Keith Skelton [skelly] lived at 38 Bramber street, 2 doors down from the shop on the corner. he has a photo of the dog named Rex from the vine. Do you remember the Wards who lived on Bramber street, and the- Scotts [Freddy]. Do you remember Val and Sandra summerhayes who lived at 60 Bramber street and who went to Pye bank then on to Burngreave school. Do you remember all the bombed buildings opposite side to pye bank school and the bombed buildings which were back of Bramber street. Did you ever go to Lopham Sunday School especially when we all had to wear white clothes.

My mother, Shirley Marshall remembers Lopham Sunday School. She says that Mrs Oyes ran a knitting circle called the ‘Fire Fairies’. Mom was a member. She remembers that Cathleen Wooley was the May Queen at the chapel one year. Cathleen lived on Nottingham Street, as did my mother (no 2 opposite the Merry Heart Pub). Mom remembers going into the tunnel under Bullrocks when the air raid sirens sounded. Mom also remembers the train ‘Fiery Jack’ coming through the tunnel occasionally. Also remembers Jean Millership, father a footballer. Had a pub near the Wembly playground. Mom (Shirley Marshall) went to Pye Bank in the late 1930s. When the war started, she remembers classes being switched to small groups in private houses. She went to a house higher up Nottingham Street. She went on to Burngreave after the war. She is currently trying to find (there are posts in another forum) her pals Margaret Stocks, June Woodhouse, Dorothy Shirley, or anyone else who remebers Shirley Marshall (parents John and Elizabeth - Betty). Thanks.

Hi my mum went to pyebank school did you know the broomheads on pitsmoor road,my mums name was doreen broomhead and her cousin lucy broomhead used to have a lot to do with a family call roebucks,she has recently been trying to find them.

Hey Landrover 109, I remember the Broomheads. Eric, Lucy, and she had a younger sister called Minnie. They were always, Lucy and Minnie that is, trying to organise backyard concerts, on Hayward Road. They were always singing and dancing and trying to get other kids to join in.

Eric was a couple of years older than me, but he was always around little Hayward Road for the football etc. If I remember right they lived in the first house after the little gate going down into the Chapel. Going up to their back door from Fowler Street was like climbing Mount Everest.

I knew of a family called Roebuck, lived in Fox Street.

A couple more names, Roy Gregory, Dennis Longley, Richard Pascoe, Clifford Buck, Alan Kelsey, George Littlewood. (it's all fading again)

Before you fade away completely the name George Littlewood. Can you remember if he was a heavily built kid with black hair and had a sister called Margaret?

Before you fade away completely the name George Littlewood. Can you remember if he was a heavily built kid with black hair and had a sister called Margaret?

Hi,

My dads cousin Alan Shaw married a lady called Joy Littlewood, is it the same family I wonder?

lisa.:?