Pyebank School, Pitsmoor

elaine

Now I'm confused. The Littlewood I clearly remember as being tall, heavily built, dark, with a sister called Margaret, would now be in his 70's.

Texas......George would now be touching pension age as John says his mid 50s John you will be suprised how old George actually is,, he worked with my Dad over 30 years ago, though that could still make him mid 50s I would think george is about 65.

Got another name to conjure with. Anyone remember the name Shirley Patrick?

Hiya Texas,

Yes I remember Shirley Patrick, she was in my class at Pye Bank. Lived next to the chip shop at the bottom of Fitzalan Street near to the railway footbridge. She had lovely platinum blonde hair and went on into show business. She perfomed under the name of Sheree Winton and is the mother of Dale Winton. Not bad going for a Pitsmoor lass eh?

regards Capricorn_11

Hiya Texas,

Yes I remember Shirley Patrick, she was in my class at Pye Bank. Lived next to the chip shop at the bottom of Fitzalan Street near to the railway footbridge. She had lovely platinum blonde hair and went on into show business. She perfomed under the name of Sheree Winton and is the mother of Dale Winton. Not bad going for a Pitsmoor lass eh?

regards Capricorn_11

You've got it Cap, I didn't want to go any further has she had such a sad ending.

Hiya Texas,

regards Capricorn_11

Maybe you knew Brian Day then. He lived at the shop opposite the chip shop on the corner.

Maybe you knew Brian Day then. He lived at the shop opposite the chip shop on the corner.

Yes I sure did, lived at bottom of Railway Street, I think he was a year younger than me. He was a good swimmer if memory serves me right and he swam competetively for Sheffield City.

Yes I sure did, lived at bottom of Railway Street, I think he was a year younger than me. He was a good swimmer if memory serves me right and he swam competetively for Sheffield City.

I believe he swam in the Olympics if my memory serves me right.You will also remember Tommy Tate the bookie.

Hello Elaine.

I went to Pye bank from 1963 to 1970 though it was after your time I lived on Andover Drive which was built after you left the area.

doyou think they will ever demolish ?it would be a shame thats fo sure Cheers Arthur.

doyou think they will ever demolish ?it would be a shame thats fo sure Cheers Arthur.

I persume you mean the school Arthur.

It was built in 1875 and would have seen many changes to the area.

I hope they never will knock down this building, surely it must now be listed .

I'm not sure what they could actually use this building for today, it needs extensive work and maintainance as it has been deralict for some years now, so maybe they will demolish it in time.

Hope not though, its a landmark.