Pyebank School, Pitsmoor

elaine

i went to pye bank infant and junior school, must have been early 80s, i remember mrs goddard from the infant school and from the juniors miss chalmers and mr bezant, mr lingard was the head there at the time. i saw miss chalmers again in the early 90s when she was teaching at my sisters school, she was strict but she was nice if you were good.

Does any one know what happened to Mr lingard??

I went to pye bank in the 80's.

I have had a good read of this thread and dont recognize any of the names of people who posters are mentioning but i do remember some of the teachers. Miss chalmers, everyone thought she was tough but she helped me pass my 10 metres swimming! i also remember a Mrs Goddard but cant picture her, also Mrs ridgeon ,Mrs Pass. Mrs Harwood who was very popular and Mrs Salvin.

From PB Trinity i remeber the headteacher Mr Lingard, Mr Atkinson,Mr Womersley, Miss Tingley and Mr Anderson.

hi i remember all these teacher. what year did u attend pb trinity?

my wife knows some of the names on above post her maiden name is green,she lived on verdon st untill about 68.i lived on grey st further down on the upside down houses no3

I lived at number 13 next door to sue greasby also on the upside down houses,you must know me i lived there till 1971.Your wifes maiden name sounds familiar,what is her first name,and was she born in the fifties?Maybe she can remember a couple of girls from pye bank school,CAROL THOMSON, AND SYLVIA CASHMOOR.

I lived at number 13 next door to sue greasby also on the upside down houses,you must know me i lived there till 1971.Your wifes maiden name sounds familiar,what is her first name,and was she born in the fifties?Maybe she can remember a couple of girls from pye bank school,CAROL THOMSON, AND SYLVIA CASHMOOR.

I Knew John+Renie Greasby helped John with his garden when he first moved in,i moved in to number 3 grey st with my parents (new house)about 1962 also know sue,my wife's name is Margaret and we were both born in the 50s. me 56 margaret 51

we both went to pye bank ,then me to burngreave, her to abbey grange . she has 2 sisters andrea+cath i must know you

I Knew John+Renie Greasby helped John with his garden when he first moved in,i moved in to number 3 grey st with my parents (new house)about 1962 also know sue,my wife's name is Margaret and we were both born in the 50s. me 56 margaret 51

we both went to pye bank ,then me to burngreave, her to abbey grange . she has 2 sisters andrea+cath i must know you

Yes thats right john greasby lived a couple of doors away,and bernard and cath from the chippy were our nieghbours,and the girl i married was sue greasbys best mate. I think i remember the greens although not to speak to, margaret is the same age as my sister bev who also went to pye bank.Is andrea or cath about 56?

i thought more my age. Iam the same age as you and also went to burngreave my first teacher was mr whitham were we in the same class. DO YOU KNOW ME

my names mel baxter i remember mr whitham i can't remember which class i was in at burngreave. andrea is margarets younger sister who is 53 ,cath is the oldest at59 i'm 52 in april you will have to give me a clue its driving me crazy i'nt it great all this ,margaret left andover dr in 1972 andrea left in about 1986/7 i await your next episode

my names mel baxter i remember mr whitham i can't remember which class i was in at burngreave. andrea is margarets younger sister who is 53 ,cath is the oldest at59 i'm 52 in april you will have to give me a clue its driving me crazy i'nt it great all this ,margaret left andover dr in 1972 andrea left in about 1986/7 i await your next episode

Ive been speaking to my mother and sister, is margarets mother called Mary green? if it is she used to sit with my grandmother in the Highway pub on the same estate her name was evelyn. Both my mother and sister remember the Baxters, they think you have brothers.I dont think we knew each other to speak to but i must

have seen you around. In 68-69 it was the mod era i had a motor scooter and knocked about with Ted Robinson,Paul Short, Brian Roberts,and Barry Richardson.DO YOU KNOW ME.

Your right with Mary + Stan Green both died in 93+94,i do have a twin brother Michael+younger brother Daren also a sister Lynne sadly past away now,and not forgetting my mum Lily still going strong i also knew

Paul Short,Barry Richardson Brian Roberts used to be so envious of you lot on your vesba's and lambretta's can you remember John Mathews Wayne Biggins

Colin Gunstone Alan Roberts younger bro to Brian, Mick + David Machin Barry Gillett Bert Jones .Still struggling with a name for you tho.I also used to go in the Highway and play football for them in the 80s I go in the royal oak gower st most weekends