Pyebank School, Pitsmoor

elaine

Goodness me!!! i just saw this thread n didnt have time to read all but what i did read brought back many memories, i went to pye bank school in 1967 for bout 3 yrs we lived on andover st my brothers mark n danny was there after me ( mrs andrews ill never forget took us for needle work couldnt stand her lol) i remember mr wilson then miss hancock( married n was called mrs stokes i think ) was my form teachers.then bungreave for a year then to earl marshal. i left sheffield then came back in later years . worked behind the bar at the highway lol so i remember some o the lads talked about on here . my parents n brothers lived on andover drive after andover st. oh well thx all for the blast from da past n the memories xx

i all but lived in the Highway past landlords Phill+Elsie ? Bob+Lyn Hyde Mick + Maureen Evans

I was with Tony Frith last night he told me your a big mate of Joff Stocks good mate of mine, he says you go fishing quite often good angler joff ,he's in our fishing club Staffordshire Arms we know him better as" yesterdays man" as he got hammered last year he thought he would win it always good for a laugh

Not a big mate of stocksy but he did fish in the forge masters fishing club,he has won one or two matches i think he learned a lot from his mate Ian whaler whoes not a bad angler.John uses a method where you just dangle your line in the water i think on the end of is toe. He hasnt done mutch since he met his new girl,(wont let him go ha ha) Tell him we call him Mr section. We have a bit of banter taking the P . Ask if he is joining us this year.

CAPRICORN can you tell me how to nagotiate the photobucket web site , i cant find any old pictures of pitsmoor like the one you have of the cromwell on spital st.

Hi leogem,

The Photobucket web site is negotiated just like Youtube, you just type a subject in the search field. But its not really a medium for old photo,s of Sheffield. It's really a place where one can upload photo's so people can place links in Forum's like this one so others can enjoy.

The picture you mention was from a page of a book I scanned.

regards Capricorn_11