Ecclesfield Grammar School

I've already checked that site, but I can't see any photos of the building on there unfortunately. Thanks for the reply though.

9.jpg

This pic was taken 2 yrs ago. I've brushed out any modern buildings and this how it looked when I was there in the 50's.Hope it is OK for you

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys, I went to EGS and left in 67, my best friend was Yvonne Senior and we were always in trouble with the Senior Mistress, cannot remember her name. My sister Barb was two years ahead of me. Hope someone remembers me.

The senior mistress was Miss Cross I think. I was recently in Burncross cemetery in search of my great grandads grave when I found Miss Cross's. My great grandads grave is to the left of the chapel as you come through the gates and Miss Cross's is straight up towards what looks like a single parking space next to a wall and is about 2 or 3 graves up.

I was at Ecco from 1962-1966 and my maiden name was Theaker

Linda Thompson:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

There used to be a strange custom at Ecclesfield Grammar School - around Christmas time I think, when the pupils would run through the school in boy-girl pairs holding hands.

For some reason it was called the 'Tea Trot'

If so, do you remember any of your partners?

I am going back to 1962/63 ish