Question about uprooting...

quite a few modern transformers are just rated to work on either voltage. my laptop works fine in the us, just plug it in and surf. As do phone chargers which is about the only other electrical device i've tried there.

6 months is more than enough to make an assesment of a place. Sounds like you could be on your way!QUOTE]

If it was just me to consider seriessix, I'd be on the next plane!

But my wife will be leaving behind her mum (who, due to health reasons, wouldn't be able to visit) and in four months we will be producing my parents first grandchild (her Mum's second)... there are a lot of emotional factors we need to take into consideration.

It's looking like a fairly simple calculation. If my new salary is sufficient to provide us with a decent quality of life, in a house big enough to enable people to visit and with enough left over for my wife to visit her mum at least a couple of times a year, we'll go. If not, I think we'll stay :(

Archived