Salsa Dancing for beginners

Where is the best place for a begginer ? Preferably where the ratio of women to men is 50:50

I tried a class 6 months ago, and ended up being partnered with a man with a beard and who sweated heavily, believe me doing cross body leads was not fun.

I hear the Forum is OK, is the ratio 50:50 women:men ? ?

Where is the best place for a begginer ? Preferably where the ratio of women to men is 50:50

I tried a class 6 months ago, and ended up being partnered with a man with a beard and who sweated heavily, believe me doing cross body leads was not fun.

I hear the Forum is OK, is the ratio 50:50 women:men ? ?

It's unusual to get more men than women, especially up here in the North.

It's even more unusual for the teacher to get a man to lead a man, especially in a beginners class.

Where did you go?

We run beginners classes on a 3 monthly cycle, our next beginners class is due to start Sept 11th. I can assure you that you'll dance with the opposite sex partner - unless of course you really want to dance with someone of the same sex! We normally have about a 60:40 split women to men in the novice classes.

For more details see our website: http://www.mambocollective.co.uk or email me at info@mambocollective.co.uk

Dave

Hi, Lester,

I hear Fent's classes are pretty good. If you're interested in Cuban Salsa/Rueda (rather than the normally taught New York style), Every Dance and Aim To Dance are starting up a class (plus a Latin Dance class) on Thursday evenings at Smithy Wood Working Men's Club. And we won't make you dance with bearded blokes...or bearded women, come to think of it! If you'd like more info you can call me on 01909-566831 or e-mail info@everydance.co.uk

Good luck in finding what you want.

Sheena

Archived