Looking for musicians...

Hi there

Play the acoustic guitar myself and would like to get together with fellow musicians (fiddle players, guitarists, singers etc.). to bash out some tunes and learn from others along the way. Mainly fingerstyle classical/folky stuff at the minute and have written a few tunes myself which could really do with some additional input and/or lyrics.

Anyone want to give it a go?

Allthebest

Chris

Hi,

Where are you? If you are local we could meet up (I'm Hillsborough). I play guitar (in fact I teach it) and sing, and really want to get playing to people again. Would like to do some stuff with someone perhaps at open mike nights? I will play any style so long as it's enjoyable.

Kathy

Excellent, all sounds good. Thanks to both of you for responding. I'm over in Hunters Bar but can easily make it over to Hillsborough.

Would be great to give it a go. When's a good day/time for you guys?

Cheers

Chris

When the weather's been like it is, I like to take my guitar to a nearby pub (which is usually the Sheffield - formerly and to some of us still, the Shiny Sheff) and play whilst sitting outside and necking a bottle or nine of Magners.

I do however ensure that the gaffer doesn't mind and am always prepared for someone to tell me they don't wish to listen to me. However, I've had some positive comments lately which is nice - folk sit and listen and then say how much they've enjoyed listening to me when they leave.

I've also joined in with one or two of the lads at the Three Merry Lads. These are great ways to learn new stuff, strum along and have a beer.

Let's hear it for the summer!

I also play and teach guitar. Can't sing for toffee though. I'm in Hillsborough anyway and always up for a jam! I'd also love to do some busking if anyone would be up for that.

Chris

Guitar???

You told me that was a .44 calibre hidden in that guitar case, didnt actually know that you played the guitar too :P

LOL!!!

Archived