The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Hook

Yep i had my old back boiler replaced (got carbon monoxide poisoning!) with a new combi one a couple of months ago, it's so much better, more efficient.

PM me if theres specific things you want to know and i can alos reccomend the Corgi plumber who did mine...

Melissa x

When we moved into our house it had a back boiler so shopped around to replace it with a combi.

We finally used Hillside Gas & Heating Services based in Dronfield, Tel no. 01246 412460

They were very good, showed up on time, tidied up after themselves and we have not a a problem with the new combi (and that has been over two years now).

Happy hunting:hihi:

We have a combi which is usually great but a while ago a valve stuck and we lost gallons of hot water out the overflow. We had it under warranty so the repair was free but it cost a fortune in fuel and water bills. It's fine now but apparently it is a common fault.

combi boilers are modern technology so prone to faults! i am an installer and have found very few faults with worcester bosch and vokera. alpha are third on the list but i would prefer worcester as they seem to be manufactured well. we get very few call backs(other than the "i can't work the timer" calls) customer support is good and the standard warranty is 2 years.

HTH

if you need a quote for an installation please give me a call. Gav 07966163822 or my colleague Steve 07988891400.

if we dont answer leave a message as we are usually under a floor when people ring or driving

Archived