The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Hook

Can anyone tell me which governing body i can complain to about my boiler installtion.

After Powergen/Eon told installation would take 2 days to complete. I've just been informed it'll take another day to complete. Are i'm sure some of you will know the weather right now is terribly cold and i'm here with my lil boy with no hot water and heating for the night.

I know its only a short period but when i called to have some kind of solution the telephone person just said, "there is nothing they can do". I asked to speak to a manager and he relectantly gave it to me sayin in his building there was no manager on site or supervisior. This can't be right can it, for a clal centre??

If anyone can advice me i'll be very grateful.

J

Can anyone tell me which governing body i can complain to about my boiler installtion.

After Powergen/Eon told installation would take 2 days to complete. I've just been informed it'll take another day to complete. Are i'm sure some of you will know the weather right now is terribly cold and i'm here with my lil boy with no hot water and heating for the night.

I know its only a short period but when i called to have some kind of solution the telephone person just said, "there is nothing they can do". I asked to speak to a manager and he relectantly gave it to me sayin in his building there was no manager on site or supervisior. This can't be right can it, for a clal centre??

If anyone can advice me i'll be very grateful.

J

they may have hit a problem along the way, stick with the complaint and they may give a bit of a discount! unfortunately you do come upon things that you cannot predict, if that happens then its not anyones fault.

BG quoted £4K we had the job done by Bancroft' (were on Abbeydale Rd but now moved out of town) they charged £2,300 for new boiler 3 new rads with TRV's, one rad moving across the hallway, all surplus tanks and pipes removed and disposed of. We have had to call them out twice since last Nov for minor probs but we have a 2 year call out deal with them as part of the price plus the boiler manufacturer cover is for 5 years. They completed the job in 2 days which was really convenient for us.

i install for bancroft heating and british gas :)

also they have moved to dinnington but i am sure they have the same number also a dinnington number too. :)

If you supply your own boiler, how much does it cost to fit? I guess local tradesmen will be cheaper than the biggies.

i dont know any one that will fit a customers own boiler, i get asked a lot and just say no. would you buy a car and say can i have it cheaper if i bring my own number plates and wheels. :)

i dont think you would be very happy if it broke down and the engineer said nothing to do with me you bought it .. :huh:

I am looking at buying a house currently, and have looked round a really nice one. Only problem is it does not have a central heating system installed. It does have a wood burning stove and the owner had had extensive insulation installed so it was quite warm when we looked round last night.

However, in the future we may want to get central heating installed and I was wondering if anyone knew approximately how much this is likely to cost. It is a typical Sheffield 2 up 2 down with an added off shot kitchen, to give an estimate of the size.

Cheers.

I am looking at buying a house currently, and have looked round a really nice one. Only problem is it does not have a central heating system installed. It does have a wood burning stove and the owner had had extensive insulation installed so it was quite warm when we looked round last night.

However, in the future we may want to get central heating installed and I was wondering if anyone knew approximately how much this is likely to cost. It is a typical Sheffield 2 up 2 down with an added off shot kitchen, to give an estimate of the size.

Cheers.

About £2500 to £3000.00 with a good boiler.

i dont know any one that will fit a customers own boiler, i get asked a lot and just say no. would you buy a car and say can i have it cheaper if i bring my own number plates and wheels. :)

i dont think you would be very happy if it broke down and the engineer said nothing to do with me you bought it .. :huh:

i'll let them supply thier own boiler if they give me the money and i go fetch it from a trusted local source that give me support and backup in the event of a problem with the products they sell!

as for price, it works out the same as if i give you a quote!

Archived