The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Hook

Hi guys!

I had the boiler serviced in September and nothing was spotted then. Since then it's broken down twice, once last month and now (yes, I'm cold!) :cry: 1st breakdown they put down to a dirty/worn piece but who knows about 2nd breakdown... it's doing exactly the same...

My question is: given I've already spent £300 on this, I feel quite cheated because they've clearly not picked up on the real cause of the breakdown. What can I do? I'm worried they'll be trying to charge me another £300... Is there some sort of warranty period for a serviced boiler?

thanks for the download location very good of you cheers.

looks like it needs an engineers visit.

Glad it was of use. We lost our manual so I've had to similar (though we have a different make, I guessed they'd have the same facility).

thanks for the download location very good of you cheers.

looks like it needs an engineers visit.

Unless its loosing pressure on a daily basis or over a few days you don't need an engineer.

All combi's loose pressure over time. Water contains air which over time will vent from the system causing the pressure to drop. Just use your filling loop and re-pressurise to 1.5 bar.

It's what the fella who fitted our new boiler and rads suggestered so we went along with it..

I'm in no position to differ with him as I know nothing about boilers, except what he told me... :D :D

I'll bet he was GORGI registered too! :hihi:

Hi

Hope your system is sorted. If the gauge ever goes into the red try bleeding one of the radiators. This happened to my Vaillant last year after we had 3 new rads in the attic conversion. Rang the gut who installed the boiler and it worked.

As complete heat says you can 'fill it up' - we were told 1.6.

Archived